PDA

View Full Version : Time To Plan Mt Rogers/Grayson Hike

FooFooCuddlyPoops
01-21-2015, 01:42
Hey guys,

I am looking for someone to join me on doing the Mt Rogers/Grayson Hike probably around may when it gets warmer and my spring semester is done. I think we would be getting a shuttle to Damascus, or from Damascus to the car on 603.

The trail on hiking upward is said to be a 2.5 day trail but I am a slow hiker so I would probably stretch it out another night if possible. (never been on this trail before so I am unsure.)

We can share/swap gear. I typically hammock because of my back.

My biggest concern right now is figuring out a trail head ride. Are their any hostels or hotels that allow dogs? I would really like to bring simba, my 45lb mutt. His hiking days are coming to a slow end because his knees are starting to give out on him. So it would be bitter sweet to go on a trek with him. He may or may not even come depending on how he feels in the next few months. Even if simba does not come, I would probably still bring a dog. (I find it fun with a well behaved dog)

Pm me if anyone is interested in hiking the trail. Respond if you have opinions on hostels or transport.

mtntopper
01-21-2015, 18:37
Contact Mount Rogers outfitters in Damascus for shuttles.

Tron-Life
01-24-2015, 03:43
no don't, they are absurdly expensive. if your taking the bus, consider getting on trail at Marion and hiking south to Greyson Highlands. I did it last year, it was awesome, great views, easy terrain, all good things.

Tron-Life
02-03-2015, 02:46
i need to apologize to Mt Rogers outfitters, I confused them with sundog.