PDA

View Full Version : Discount on Ultralight Backpack

jrome
01-23-2015, 23:34
Hey yall, just wanted to pass along some info on a group buy for ultralight backpacks. Its through Massdrop link: dro.ps/v/EY7v4Qi
It has the ULA Catalyst and Zpacks ArcBlast. If your not familiar with Massdrop basically you vote on gear that you would like to purchase, when there is enough votes they contact the company for us to get a great deal as a group buy.

Happy Trails.

scrabbler
01-24-2015, 00:50
Great first post, a referral link.

jrome
01-24-2015, 11:04
Great first post, a referral link.

I have always come to this website for quality information and advice. Ultralight gear can become an expensive hobby, why not work together as a group? Perhaps you would prefer my first post to be a redundant What is the best pack thread? or maybe which (insert gear) is cheap, ultralight, durable, compact, best ever? I posted a link that could benefit a multitude of hikers get on the trail this season. Contribute don't bash, Thanks.

LogHiking
01-24-2015, 14:16
I have always come to this website for quality information and advice. Ultralight gear can become an expensive hobby, why not work together as a group? Perhaps you would prefer my first post to be a redundant What is the best pack thread? or maybe which (insert gear) is cheap, ultralight, durable, compact, best ever? I posted a link that could benefit a multitude of hikers get on the trail this season. Contribute don't bash, Thanks.

You can't join a site and on the same day post a referral link as your first and only post and expect to be taken seriously. It isn't bashing. It is the way it works and it is for a reason. If you always came to this site like you say, you would know and understand that fully. Your link may or may not be legit as there are always exceptions, but I won't be the one to find out. Anyone with an IQ above the temperature should be able to understand why you will meet resistance when posting this link in the fashion that you did.

Old Hiker
01-24-2015, 14:21
Welcome to WhiteBlaze, jrome. Most members, either donating or just registered, don't immediately jump on you for your first post.

massdrop dot com for those who want to check it out.

All anyone has to do is bing the web site and start looking if they are worried about what it may be.

Personally, I'm not interested in either pack, as they don't recommend the weight I carry, but other people may.

jrome
01-24-2015, 14:44
Good point Old Hiker, it may be best to search engine Massdrop, rather thank click the link for those who are weary. The site has lots of ultralight gear group buys if your looking for anything else, tarp, quilt etc...

Just Bill
01-24-2015, 15:51
Jrome- :welcome

FWIW- I believe scrabbler was complimenting you on breaking your lurkerville citizenship with a helpful post. :)
Please continue to contribute, careful not to perceive something that wasn't there too, always seems to escalate here rather quickly.

It's just the internet, :D

Frye
01-24-2015, 20:55
Your link may or may not be legit as there are always exceptions, but I won't be the one to find out. Anyone with an IQ above the temperature should be able to understand why you will meet resistance when posting this link in the fashion that you did.

I don't have a problem with it. I guess I'm just not that bright?

@jrome, Good looking out =D

WILLIAM HAYES
01-26-2015, 19:09
jrome like eddie said in the movie christmas vacation to paraphrase your post was a Quality item- its always good to share stuff in this forum