PDA

View Full Version : Seattle area / Deception Pass

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2005, 14:16
Anyone from this site live near Seattle, WA or Deception Pass??

I am flying out to see my daughter for a few days, I'll have some time to do a few dayhikes while she is in classes.

I would really like to get over to Deception Pass as I hear that is the closest spot of the PCT from where she lives.

jimtanker
10-28-2005, 15:05
I live a little bit south of Seattle and do a little hiking in the area. If you are stuck on Deception thats cool. I know a few other good hikes in the area. Up for any overnighters?

I tried to send a PM. Not sure if it went through.

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2005, 15:12
I live a little bit south of Seattle and do a little hiking in the area. If you are stuck on Deception thats cool. I know a few other good hikes in the area. Up for any overnighters?

I tried to send a PM. Not sure if it went through.

:jump :jump :jump It went through 3 times...:D

Actually I won't have time for an overnighter but if it isn't too long of a drive I would be willing to meet for a day hike... Then again it will be during the week and you probably work????

JMY
10-28-2005, 15:23
:jump :jump :jump It went through 3 times...:D

Actually I won't have time for an overnighter but if it isn't too long of a drive I would be willing to meet for a day hike... Then again it will be during the week and you probably work????

Hi! I live north of Seattle and would love to go for a day hike! I am off work right now so during the week would be great! Lots of places to hike within an hour of Seattle. When? Janis
PS I am also a member of the WomensHiker group.

chris
10-28-2005, 15:52
I live south of Seattle as well and wouldn't mind going out for a walk (weather hasn't been super good here of late). Snoqualmie Pass is on to the PCT and you can get stunning views just by walking a few miles north from the I-90 parking lot. Of course, snow is coming and soon, and the OhmygodIcantbelievewhatImseeing section would be difficult if snow or ice is present.

jimtanker
10-28-2005, 22:52
I wouldnt call what I do "work".

Depends on the dates, I might be able to go.

Chris - When are we going to hit the Olympics??? I want to try some snowshoeing.

Hammock Hanger
10-29-2005, 07:34
I am arriving Monday and leaving Friday, so that leaves me only 3 days and I know Mel has something planned for one of them, not sure which. - When I'm there I'll try and email you guys and see if something is possible. Sue

Hikerhead
10-31-2005, 22:58
when you find time.

chris
11-01-2005, 10:44
I wouldnt call what I do "work".

Depends on the dates, I might be able to go.

Chris - When are we going to hit the Olympics??? I want to try some snowshoeing.

I'm itching too. Have to wait for some snow to accumulate first. Yesterday morning, Snoqualmie pass had its first dusting, so hopefully in a couple of weeks there should be enough down.