PDA

View Full Version : An offer good for this weekend only!

orangebug
10-28-2005, 16:30
I have in Dillsboro, NC reservations for Jarrett House accommodations Saturday night with dinner, and a train ride to Murphy, NC Sunday AM on a heated enclosed rail car.

I'm not getting to use them due to a miscommunication and schedule conflict (10 year old's b-day party) and am trying to see that someone gets to use them.. The package cost me $250, and it is not available for walk up purchase due to the Fall Foliage travel. This is a perfect opportunity to take a honey to see the sights of Western NC, enjoy fine cuisine and company, and to have fun in general. Kids below 12 aren't allowed. There are only two tickets on the train.

I've given first dibs to members of my Rotary club, ending at 5PM. I plan to copy this offer to AT-L, and will moniter my email until about 7PM tonight (gotta date, y'know), and will let the first person to contact me have a very good time at a very reasonable price.

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2005, 18:57
Nice deal, wish I was in the area.

orangebug
10-28-2005, 19:14
I just can't believe I haven't been getting bombarded with requests for this. The price is about as cheap as it gets!

lobster
10-28-2005, 21:21
Well, what is a "reasonable price"? That might be why nobody is asking.

Free might work!

orangebug
10-28-2005, 22:14
Let me see....

"About cheap as it gets" would be about how much? There really is no such thing as a free lunch, but I would expect some level of behavior - perhaps a promise of a charitable donation to ATC, ALDHA or other worthy group.

Sly
10-28-2005, 22:25
OB, I didn't see your post on the at-l until 9PM. I'm sure that didn't help matters. Working retail and weekends sucks or else I would have taken your generous offer.

Good luck with the frugal, can you make it free, hikers. ;)

orangebug
10-28-2005, 22:27
Sly, you want them? It is just Saturday afternoon (after 3PM), night and Sunday until about 1:30PM.

Bill...

orangebug
10-28-2005, 22:33
BTW, anyone wanting these tickets will need to email me directly [email protected] since WB will be going down sometime tomorrow. I'm off to bed for the night.

orangebug
10-29-2005, 08:33
I wil be at a soccer game this AM, but should return by 1PM. If you can use these free tickets, please send me an email or PM. It is only 3.5 hours north of Atlanta, and should be an excellent time. I will email you a PDF with instructions and info.

Freighttrain
10-29-2005, 08:52
i would love to use them but I live far too far away..

orangebug
10-29-2005, 14:02
Things have worked out, and I'll be on the way in a few minutes.

:banana