PDA

View Full Version : New hiker seeking partner/s...

eguttman
10-28-2005, 18:10
Hello, I am planning to spend my 30th birthday on the trail and would like to hike at least half of the trail, perhaps the northern half from may/june-ish to sept.ish. I would be open to starting in april/may and trying the whole hike too.
I have wanted to hike the trail for awhile but have been waiting for a good opportunity to do so. time, money and finding someone to go with has prevented me from going before. But now I'm wanting to just make this happen and go out there and do it! but i don't think it's safe for a young woman to go out there alone. especially since i wear hearing aids and take them out to sleep so i don't hear noises at night.....
anyway, just thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone was planning on doing the same hike and would be interested in meeting me wether in person or by email to see if we could be hiking partners.
i'm on nantucket island right now and will be here for at least another month before i take off to colorado to visit family. Thanks! Ellie

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2005, 18:53
Good luck with your search for a partner. I would tell you that you don't necessarily need one but that is not my place. If that is what you need for a comfort level keep searching and someday the right person will come along and you will be out there.

This is an excellent place to start the search.

Smile
10-28-2005, 18:58
Hi , PM me about the hike!

CynJ
10-28-2005, 18:58
I know there are a few ladies going for a thru next year - I would check out this thread for the 2006 roster - see who's heading out!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10259&page=1&pp=20

4whim
01-04-2006, 20:27
Goodluck finding a partner to hike with. I can offer as a law enforcement officer of 14 years, I did 8 days of AT last year, first time I have ever gone backpacking, and did not feel the need to "pack" a weapon and did not feel threatened by being female and alone.
Obviously this is a choice one must make guided by one's own comfort level which I respect in anyone able to acknowledge.
Hiking alone was awesome! The few people I met were great! So keep options open if comfort level allows.

Either way, enjoy! I envy the time you can take off to do the AT.

pamela_sioux
02-12-2006, 21:34
I am planning on starting between mid-april and may. I am planning on hiking the whole trail in about 4.5 months. I am hoping to find a partner while im on the trail but send me a message if your interested.

thanks,

Pam