PDA

View Full Version : Android app for .mov editing

meat803
01-26-2015, 20:33
Does anyone know a decent app to edit .mov then post to youtube? I have only found a couple that will do .mov, but neither one will play sound during playback. The sound is there and when I upload to youtube so I know it isnt the file transfer but a codec or something.

The camera I want to take on my thruhike is a Olympus TG-3 and my phone is Motorola turbo Android 4.4.4 OS.

Connie
01-26-2015, 20:43
Did you select .mov when uploaded to YouTube?

When I uploaded .mov YouTube did the conversion to mp4.

It was awhile ago. Maybe YouTube no longer has that option?

If no longer available, look for a free conversion utility software.

meat803
01-26-2015, 23:18
My problem is no audio on my phone for .mov during editing. I went the conversion route but it burns alot of battery juice and adds another step to what should be a simple process.

Connie
01-27-2015, 01:30
Did the audio record?

If you review the .mov in the phone, is the audio there?

I have to turn on audio in Settings and in the app in my iPod Touch. Maybe your phone is like that?

I know YouTube is slow to upload.

I have a windows PC. I used Windows MovieMaker to edit and shorten the video then compress the video trying different selections to find the shortest acceptable video format before uploading to YouTube.

Do other people upload video direct to YouTube from their phone?

meat803
01-27-2015, 06:20
I'll try to clarify.

1-I record on camera. Everything is fine
2-I transfer .mov to phone
3- No audio on phone for .mov. Before, during, or after editing. <---This is the issue. Need a properly working app.
4-I upload to youtube
5-Watch on youtube. Sound has returned and normal.

Traveler
01-27-2015, 06:43
I am by no means an expert, but we are moving into video formats and are looking into how to perform editing and other processes. I believe you have to migrate the .mov file into a different format or film in RAW for editing software to work. Also, without an audible sound and visual cue, it may be hard to match the edited video with the audio, which is why the clapperboard was invented. Editing will consume power like crazy.

Connie
01-27-2015, 11:20
Maybe, Kinemaster, Kinemaster Pro $2.99 (in app purchase)

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2014/11/28/kinemaster-best-video-editing-app-android/
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2488294/android-review-5-video-editing-apps-for-android.html?page=2