PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Smile

soumodeler
01-27-2015, 16:22
Is anyone else using Amazon Smile to donate to the ATC? 0.5% of your purchase goes to the non-profit of your choice.

James GAME2009
01-27-2015, 19:38
For those who do not know, Amazon Smile is a program Amazon instituted fairly recently that allows you to choose a charity to receive a percentage of all of your purchases. This costs you absolutely nothing. You simply choose from a list of thousands of charities (or submit a new charity) to receive a percentage of your purchases. You must shop at smile.amazon.com (the same exact site as Amazon, just different URL) and the charity of your choosing gets .5% of all of your purchases.

Amazon Smile costs you nothing and takes only a minute or two to set up. While the ATC is a worthwhile charity, I have my Amazon Smile set up to donate to a different charity that I strongly believe in.

Frye
01-27-2015, 20:29
I'm with James, I shop a lot on Amazon, and although I love the AT, children's cancer research just seemed more of a pressing issue.

handlebar
01-27-2015, 21:00
I use it and direct the proceeds to the CDTC, the Continental Divide Trail Coalition. I figure as the new kid on the block, the CDTC needs the proceeds a lot more than the ATC.

Starchild
01-27-2015, 22:27
I use it for my fire company but ATC would be a consideration if i could split it.

sympathetic joy
01-27-2015, 23:22
I signed up for the ATC on Amazon Smile about a month ago.

peakbagger
01-28-2015, 11:34
I did awhile back. I am very surprised that ATC doesn't advertise or promote it as a fundraising tool as its pretty painless.

soumodeler
01-28-2015, 12:00
Maybe Lauriep can chime in on the lack of promotion for it.

I actually use 2 accounts for Amazon. My personal account is for ATC and my work account goes to St Jude.