PDA

View Full Version : Link to a recent outdoor show and new gear

oldwetherman
01-30-2015, 22:48
http://www.eathomas.com/2015/01/27/or2015gearreport/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=or2015gearreport

Interesting link to some new gear for 2015. The Sea to Summit pad and the new Crocs looked interesting.
The stuff sack/inflator that's on the Sea to Summit website that will fit the new pads looks too good to be true.

Dochartaigh
01-31-2015, 12:11
I was thinking of ordering the Sea to Summit ultralight mat, but just ordered a Klymit Static v2 (which I think weighs the same as the large Sea to Summit - and I'm worried about the pitiful R-Value of the regular ultralight model). Although I hang mostly now, I'm still on a search to find a decent comfortable air mattress (tried and don't care for multiple Thermarest ones including the xLite, Big Agnes Z-whatever, multiple foam pads, etc. etc. etc.)

Frye
01-31-2015, 12:49
The more I think about it, the less interesting the S2S pads seem to me. Think I'll be sticking with Thermarest and CCF.

Check out the Gossamer Gear blog post about the same show (I think it was the same show) and scroll almost all the way down. The new Cubictech WPB material is blowing my mind. That is if it's accurate... A MVTR of 50,000!?!

Pertex Shield AP looks neato also.

I was considering purchasing a new rain jacket, but think I'll hold onto my 8oz eVent until I see more info on these new fabrics. 50,000!