PDA

View Full Version : Smartwool sizing question

Pastor Bryon
02-07-2015, 01:06
Searched around and can't any insight on this, hoping I can glean from the group's experience.

I just received the Smartwool midweight bottom base layer. I'm 5'7, 170#, usually a 34 waist. I tried them on and find that the waistband will pull out a couple of inches and I can feel some extra material behind my knees.

Question - how much will these stretch out over time? How much of a next-to-skin feel should they have? I intend to wear them at camp to sleep in, but not much for hiking in.

I'm wondering if I should size down to a small or if that will be too tight or constrictive.

Thoughts?

fastfoxengineering
02-07-2015, 18:22
I'm 5'8" 150lbs. Atheltic build. I have a smartwool midweight 250 baselayer. Size medium. I like the fit however they are not cut to be snug and tight. After they come out of the washing machine they fit snug like running tights but after a few hours they loosen up. After wearing them 3 days straight with no washings they are still form fitting but looser, however not baggy. I think they're more relaxed in the groin to the calves then most baselayer underwear.

I think if your sleeping in them, you'll prefer the more relaxed fit over a tighter fitting baselayer.