PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: How I Shop For Backpacking Food

12trysomething
02-09-2015, 23:50
How I go about buying backpacking food.

http://youtu.be/pqZXNRUHnDU

MarsAndBuddy
02-20-2015, 16:29
this video was extremely helpful for my upcoming trip thx!

12trysomething
02-21-2015, 15:26
this video was extremely helpful for my upcoming trip thx!

You are welcome, thanks for the note.

- Rob

Kraken Skullz
02-26-2015, 16:40
Awesome vid

12trysomething
02-28-2015, 15:51
Awesome vid

Thanks for that. I hope it helped a wee bit.

bootsontheground
05-01-2015, 10:22
Video actually helped a lot originally I was planning on doing mostly a mix of military and civilian MREs just to make it easy but this definitely seems like the better option.

Thank you

BirdBrain
05-01-2015, 10:35
Your videos are awesome. I always come away thinking that I would love to hike with you. If I did a video like this, people would be saying "are you kidding me?"

4Bears
05-01-2015, 13:22
When at the grocery with the wife I am always looking at different stuff on the shelves to see if it could be used on the trail. The whole key to your video in my opinion is to think outside the box, how can it be adapted, thanks for confirming it all to me.

Another Kevin
05-02-2015, 12:57
Hey Rob, did you remember to mention letting Duct Tape carry the sausages? :)

ZenRabbit
05-02-2015, 18:21
Great video, Thank you!

I'm going to have to point out that Snickers minis or regular size should be on the table... :)

12trysomething
05-08-2015, 13:02
Video actually helped a lot originally I was planning on doing mostly a mix of military and civilian MREs just to make it easy but this definitely seems like the better option.

Thank you

I hope it helps, please share your final choices!

Your videos are awesome. I always come away thinking that I would love to hike with you. If I did a video like this, people would be saying "are you kidding me?"

Thanks for that! If you are interested in hiking the Long Trail thats where I will be most of the summer. I am doing a 7-9 day trip over Memorial Day week then a weekend warrior until I get to Canada.

When at the grocery with the wife I am always looking at different stuff on the shelves to see if it could be used on the trail. The whole key to your video in my opinion is to think outside the box, how can it be adapted, thanks for confirming it all to me.

You are welcome. It is fun to find new stuff - even the things that didn't work out!

Hey Rob, did you remember to mention letting Duct Tape carry the sausages? :)

shhhh. he is the secret weapon that can't be found at Walmart or Gander!

Great video, Thank you!

I'm going to have to point out that Snickers minis or regular size should be on the table... :)

There is a whole bag of candy...didn't want to let the family see it :)

bemental
05-08-2015, 14:05
Thanks for the video!