PDA

View Full Version : Pearisburg to Daleville, late March/early April; wanna go?

John B
02-10-2015, 14:30
I will be hiking NOBO from Pearisburg to Daleville sometime in late March/early April. I'm very flexible on when to start. It's about 90 miles, I hike 15-22 miles a day, so about a 5-6 day hike. I will pay to leave my car in Pearisburg and then get a shuttle back. If anyone is interested in joining, I'd welcome the company. My name is John Buckner and I live in Lexington, KY. I'm 54, I don't use drugs, I'm straight and not interested in hooking up, and I don't talk about politics or religion. On the other hand, I have a PhD, I'm a sinophile, fluent in Chinese and spent a month last summer wandering around there, and I read a lot. I like to start hiking at dawn and I like to stop mid/late afternoon to get cleaned up, eat, read, and enjoy just being outdoors. I use a tent unless it's raining like Hades, then a shelter is a welcome sight. My gear is a bit old and out of date, but I'm happy with it and don't need to hear lectures on why it sucks and why yours is better. That's pretty much everything in a nutshell. If you're interested in hiking that section during that time period and want company, send me a PM.

johnnybgood
02-10-2015, 15:00
I'll likely see you out there then . A buddy & I are starting the 28th hiking nobo out of Pearisburg.