PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Nocturne 15 or 30

PR Man
02-10-2015, 22:45
I think I'm going to buy one of these.

They look great - wondering if anyone has any experience with them or recommendations.

mattjv89
02-10-2015, 23:02
Couldn't be happier with my 30. The spoon shaped design is nice, lots of room to sit up in the bag with legs crossed and the torso section permits a lot of tossing and turning as I tend to do without getting all twisted up in the bag. Despite the extra fabric for the wide cut it's still coming in at 2 lbs. which I'm happy with for a 30* long bag. The hood feels spacious enough for my large noggin. Waterproof/breathable membrane on the foot box side helps with touching soggy tent walls. One of my favorite features is the little pocket in the hood to stuff a jacket in to make a pillow. It's the simplest little thing but I love how it feels, a light-medium weight puffy fits right in there and makes a great pillow that stays under your head all night long. I also really like the "blanket fold" piece, instead of a draft collar it's a little down filled rectangle that tucks into the bag like a comforter. Feels nice and cozy the way an actual comforter would and keeps the cold out. However I must say that is the only feature I'd be a little skeptical of on the 15 bag. A few nights using my 30 around freezing I did stay warm but had the blanket wrapped pretty tight around me, it felt like much colder and I'd be fighting a losing battle so I question whether that is the best choice for the 15 bag over a traditional draft collar. No firsthand experience though so maybe someone else can lend that.

Overall a highly reccomended bag with lots of little bells and whistles that make it unique without adding much weight and (for me) work quite well. Kinda one of those "they thought of everything!" pieces. I should also mention I found the temp rating accurate as my body needs seem pretty consistent with EN ratings, it's been used right around freezing a few times and kept me warm.