PDA

View Full Version : You won't find these at Walmart!

fishinfred
11-01-2005, 15:04
Hello All ,
Im back and making more "Hiker Stuff" such as these clocks that were suggested to me while on Albert mt.(well she suggested I make a Hiker clock ) so while hiking I doodled a few designs in my journal and this is what I came up with.http://fredor111.tripod.com/484259c0.jpg some of these are on Ebay right now just search for Appalachian Trail Stuff
ALSO I will be running the WhiteBlaze donation offer again on all WhiteBlaze Pendants and as soon as I get more info will be making donations offer for Trail Maintainers with Xmas Ornaments that will be offered soon.Any input on the subject can be posted here or email me direct.WHO DO YOU THINK NEEDS THE MONEY MOST????:confused:
I had a great time out there this year even though I didnt make it but half way mile wise , but I met well over 1000 hikers(650 at Albert Mt. alone) and I finally got to see what the north end of the trail was like up "The big K" where I happened to bash my knee on the way down to end my hike(Loved every minute of it:banana and Im fine now ) .Working on a photo journal that will be on my website eventually http://fishinfreds.com
Check it out ! Alot of new things going on there .Happy Trails !
Fishinfred

Mother Nature
11-01-2005, 16:27
Hi Fred!
Thinking of you today when I was at Mountain Crossings. The clerks tell me your AT key chain attachments sell well and I noticed they are out of them as a matter of fact.

See you on the trail this spring?

Mother Nature

Lilred
11-01-2005, 18:31
Love those clocks. I made a point of letting my hubbie know what a great x-mas gift that would be for me....

tiamalle
11-02-2005, 02:09
Fishing Fred,thanks for all you done for hikers this year.If you are our way stop in to our 2006 hiker fest in franklin.Good luck and say hello to Barry also he's a great person also,Ron, O does anyone know what all the locals callMT.ALBERT?

fishinfred
11-02-2005, 09:17
Fishing Fred,thanks for all you done for hikers this year.If you are our way stop in to our 2006 hiker fest in franklin.Good luck and say hello to Barry also he's a great person also,Ron, O does anyone know what all the locals callMT.ALBERT?
Ron ,Thank you!You're the one who is helping hikers most in Franklin,NC.Since Rainbow Springs was lost to development(after being a hostel/campground for 30 some years) Hikers now have to hitch the 6 miles (instead of walking 1) unless you happen by with your BUS and FREE SHUTTLES to town .If you werent doing this service ,there would be NOTHING offered as far as Hiker friendly services go there.Thank You!
Berry & Terry Glidden(managed Rainbow Springs the last 2 years and were the ones trying to save it from the developers) are probably back in Fla. after one heck of a year along the trailway.It was Berry who put the magic together for 32 days of Trail Magic up there on Albert.They fed 650 hikers!
I would like to thank them for what they did and what they tried to do for the hiker community.Like I said they had one heck of a year ,they lost 2 dogs(one on Albert the other when they got to Maine),Barry came down with Lime Disease,and then Terry had a heart attack which led to a quad bypass surgery not to mention the 32 days they took helping cold, wet hungry hikers and even after a year like that are already planning for next March to MAYBE do it again! If anyone would like to send them a card or something feel free to email me and I will send the address.Hopefully the "ALBERT ARMS "(Highest,solar powered,and longest running Trail Magic camp ever on the AT) will be there again next year,if so I will be there to help them along with Gatoraid (not for 29 days ...lol like this year but at least a couple weeks).I could go on and on about the experiences up there but I will save it for my photo journal on my website.
I just wanted to say thanks to you and the many others who are "out there"
helping out and especially Berry&Terry who made my outing this year the experience of a lifetime! SEE YA IN THE SPRING!
FF

tiamalle
11-02-2005, 10:59
thanks Fred I would like to send them an e-mail. my email is [email protected] my websites are sapphireinn.net or havensbudgetinn.com

fishinfred
11-03-2005, 00:46
Hi Fred!
Thinking of you today when I was at Mountain Crossings. The clerks tell me your AT key chain attachments sell well and I noticed they are out of them as a matter of fact.

See you on the trail this spring?

Mother Nature

Thanks foir the info Mother Nature .I lost your card somewheres please email me and yes you will see me in the spring I'm planning a hike from Albert mt to HotSprings April 1st Hope to see you & Smokestack again.Thanks for that Birthday Burger (I could only eat half of) in Hiaawassee it was so nice of you guys to come down and do that !
Take care
FF

fishinfred
11-03-2005, 11:08
For anyone who would like to email Berry & Terry Here is their email
mailto:[email protected] ([email protected])

Rosco
11-11-2005, 00:45
Hello Fred
Do you make clocks and things by request?
I have a special gift in mind for a special someone.
Please contact me if interested in a "project"
Thanks
Tom

fishinfred
11-11-2005, 09:37
Hello Fred
Do you make clocks and things by request?
I have a special gift in mind for a special someone.
Please contact me if interested in a "project"
Thanks
Tom

Hi Rosco
Yes I make "Personalized Stuff" in fact most of the "stuff" I make was requested at 1 time or another.I would be honored to make a gift for your special someone.Just shoot me an email of what you would like and I'll send you a design of what I can do for you.
Heres a basic flyer of all "the stuff" I will be making this winter.Limited wood supplies so get what you want while you can .fredor111.tripod.com/48c43ee0.jpg (http://fredor111.tripod.com/48c43ee0.jpg)
Thanks for your interest .ALSO if you wait for this stuff to hit the Outfitter Stores you can expect to pay double what I'm offering the stuff for right now .
Xmas gifts need to at least be ordered ASAP to insure that I have the wood for YOUR Project!
Thanks again for your interest!
FF

EMAIL [email protected] and be sure to check out ALL the "STUFF" on the Hiker Page at my website http://Fishinfreds.com

fishinfred
11-25-2005, 10:55
Now that "the shopping season" has started ,please take some time and see all the "HIKER STUFF" Ive made up ...CLOCKS,PLAQUES,STICKERS,License Plates etc...ALL INSPIRED by my past 3 yrs of Playin in the MT.s. and taking note of your requests. There are 3 DONATION OFFERS this year!!!!

1. Xmas Ornaments for the ATCs Trail Club Fund

2.Hardcore Hiker Stickers for "Damascus Hardcore" and Bob Peoples

3. ALL WHITEBLAZE PENDANTS for Whiteblaze.net

Right now I have a bunch of "STUFF" ready to ship !

Tis the Season!!!

Check out the HIKER PAGE at http://Fishinfreds.com see if there's anything you or a good friend may like and email me with your order .
Thank you for your support !!
FF
:clap
PS
You can see ALL the "STUFF" and Donation Amounts on the site ,just go check it out!
Thanks again!