PDA

View Full Version : Dr Bronner's peppermint.

Frye
02-17-2015, 10:01
Curious if I should be able to expect to find Dr Bronner's peppermint is most of the outfitters along the trail? It's my preferred soap and toothpaste as I try to use as many multi purpose items and products as possible.

Thanks,
Frye

saltysack
02-17-2015, 10:03
I can't imagine using as tooth paste.....I love it as soap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frye
02-17-2015, 10:15
I don't imagine it, if I did than I probably wouldn't do it. I just think about something else and get it over with.

In reality it doesn't bother me really. Aftertaste last a long time but it's not awful. Not great, but not awful.

Have any clue if I can count on finding it with some regularity?

saltysack
02-17-2015, 10:19
Lil bit of dr b lasts along time...I can only guess that one would only need 3-4 lil bottles for a thru.....I'd rather bring reg tooth paste as I've eaten enough soap as a kid!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodguy
02-17-2015, 10:22
It is definitely an aquired taste when used as a toothpaste....;)

swisscross
02-17-2015, 10:31
Peppermint is the only one I can use as toothpaste but has a bizarre, refreshing type effect on my privates.

Frye
02-17-2015, 10:44
Peppermint is the only one I can use as toothpaste but has a bizarre, refreshing type effect on my privates.

That's a little to straight forward...

swisscross
02-17-2015, 10:56
That's a little to straight forward...

Yet true!!! Actually uncomfortable.

Walkintom
02-17-2015, 12:00
We found it at outfitters when we wanted it. I only specifically remember buying some in Hot Springs because it does last so long. You could always buy an 8 oz bottle and bounce box it.

Frye
02-17-2015, 12:24
We found it at outfitters when we wanted it. I only specifically remember buying some in Hot Springs because it does last so long. You could always buy an 8 oz bottle and bounce box it.

I thought about it but it's to much hassle. I only use mail when sending back winter items and/or receiving summer stuff and portions of the trail guide. I prefer buying my stuff along the route, just one of those preferences.

Old Grouse
02-17-2015, 13:16

So are you using your toothbrush there also?

Frye
02-17-2015, 14:04
So are you using your toothbrush there also?

Objection! I must request the question be stricken from the record.

swisscross
02-17-2015, 15:14
What happens on the AT, stays on the AT!

ny breakfast
02-17-2015, 15:54
I'm interested in this info too, grocery stores in large trail towns that sell more organic products would have it. seeking it out along the trail ? i was able to get it in a trail town in pa. i don't recall where. i went to one grocery store and asked for it at customer service, then explained what it is and they asked if it was organic. then they pointed me in the right direction (the other grocery store down the street, thats where i shop the have better stuff then we carry) now that's what i call customer service. the other store didn't have it in with the soaps it was in there organic section. i also use it for toothpaste.

Turk6177
02-18-2015, 17:27
I use it for both also, but I can't imagine needing to resupply with it very many times. I use one drop for toothpaste and not much more for hand washing.

Poedog
02-18-2015, 18:01
Yeah you'll find it everywhere.

Frye
02-18-2015, 18:25
Word, Thanks Poedog.

@Turk, I really don't expect to use much, but for some reason I had a hankering to know about resupply.