PDA

View Full Version : W/NW DyneemaŽ 60 WorkSack

bemental
02-18-2015, 13:28
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just purchased one of CiloGear's 60L Worksacks in the Woven/Unwoven Dyneema material (http://www.cilogear.com/dyneema60.html). I've heard nothing but praise for these packs and a bit of nitpicking on the side (90%/10% I'd say), and I'd love to chat it up until the pack arrives in a weeks time.

Any takers?

bemental
02-18-2015, 13:29
(Purchased for a 2015, mid-March start thru hike)

Violent Green
02-18-2015, 15:40
I don't know much about their packs except that fabric is practically indestructible.

Ryan

bemental
02-18-2015, 16:02
I don't know much about their packs except that fabric is practically indestructible.

Ryan

That's one of the things we talked about on the phone. I originally had ordered the standard 60L and called to ask about the Dyneema because it was out of stock.

The owner explained to me, in layman's terms, that if you managed to puncture the fabric large enough to get your fingers through to try and continue the tear (think tearing a hole peakaboo style), "your fingers would rip before the fabric would".

Frye
02-19-2015, 15:45
Nice looking design and great fabric, but more pack than I need. If I ever start doing the sort of trips where I would require such a hauler I'd likely go with Cilo or Mchale.

Dyneema and spectra are amazing though. I'm still looking for a particular Whitecloud I've had my heart set on for some time.