PDA

View Full Version : REI Coast Trail Photography Opening, Sat. Nov. 19th, 7pm

Tha Wookie
11-01-2005, 21:57
Details from the REI website (http://www.rei.com/stores/store_event_detail.jsp?pid=5DB3D1EA2B4E33A8631D518 6974EF706&template_id=14&template_family=webDetail&ignore_cache=1)

Hey WBer's:

You're invited to join in on the opening on Sat. Nov 19th, 7pm, of the Dancing the Tidal Line film-based photo exhibit that will hang in the two REI stores in Atlanta.

It is a colorful collection from Island Mama's and my hike from Cape Gaspe to Tijuana along the American West Coast Trail.

For your entertainment and curiosity I will be presenting a special version of the DTL slide show with Island Mama during the reception. We would love to answer any questions about the trail, our hike, or the exhibit.

Just don't ask us if we'd ford the Kennebec;)

We hope to see you there. It's in the event space in the main Atlanta store (85 N access rd, see web above)

Nate

Nate ("TW") Olive

CynJ
11-01-2005, 22:03
Can't make Atlanta - but good luck with that! Your photos on your site are gorgeous! :D

Almost There
11-02-2005, 10:14
Hey Wook!

Would love to go, but I'm heading up to Va with Orangebug to hike Mt. Rogers to Damascus. Good Luck with it though.

Tha Wookie
11-15-2005, 02:26
Can't make Atlanta - but good luck with that! Your photos on your site are gorgeous! :D

Thanks a lot.... I just took most of them down in prep for the opening this weekend. We have been fine-tuning a limited edition series, that will also feature journal excerpts, printed on canvas like paintings. It's nice to have my dad (pro photographer) in my corner. He puts it in my hand, sets it up, and says "shoot!"

Anyone going to make it this Saturday?:D

dharmabum86
11-15-2005, 11:10
I will do everything I can to make it. My mom's been raggin' me about going to REI, this is the perfect opportunity to get out of the sticks for both of us. I can't wait!
OJ

soulrebel
11-16-2005, 08:02
We'll show up if we don't go camping! I live only a mile or 2 away!!!

Tha Wookie
11-19-2005, 12:01
Well tonights the show I've been slaving over in the photo dungeon. I've almost gnawed through the chains and hope to get out in time to hang everything on the wall.

I hope to see some of you there.... it will not dissappoint!

Two Speed
11-19-2005, 14:58
Wook: planning on making out, unless something pops up. I'd like to see the photos, and it'll be fun to rag on you in a venue where you really can't fire back! I looooove unfair advantages!

dharmabum86
11-21-2005, 10:15
Wookie, loved the exhibit. You and Island Mama did an awesome job. The food was fantastic. I truly enjoyed it! I wish I could have brought so many people so that they could understand the motivation and purpose. I just don't do it justice trying to explain it myself. :D

MOWGLI
11-21-2005, 10:28
Nate, I'll stop by REI in the next few weeks to check out the exhibit. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the opening. My wife has been spending weekdays in Atlanta receiving hyperbaric oxygen treatment for long-term Lyme Disease. She came home Saturday. She left again this morning.

How long will the exhibit be in place?

Tha Wookie
11-21-2005, 12:23
Thanks for the comments. It was encouraging to see so many people there to join in on the experience with us.

i'm going back to Atlanta today to put up the photos in the 85 store. We are splitting the collection with the other store (perimeter).

right now, we're hammering out the specifics of ordering information for the fine art limited edition canvas prints and also a series of paper prints (more affordable), and how we'll put it in the store, and on my website, to make it easy for anyone who wants a print (especially for christmas;) ).

The prints will be up today, but the other info will be up soon.

I hope you enjoy the artwork!:D

Tha Wookie
11-21-2005, 12:25
Wookie, loved the exhibit. You and Island Mama did an awesome job. The food was fantastic. I truly enjoyed it! I wish I could have brought so many people so that they could understand the motivation and purpose. I just don't do it justice trying to explain it myself. :D

Thanks, I emailed your quote about the food to my mom. She'll do this -->:banana

Thanks for coming.... and sorry about the dancing bananna.

By the way, we are slated to be at the Alabama Trail Society conference in March, if anyone's interested!

MOWGLI
11-21-2005, 13:37
By the way, we are slated to be at the Alabama Trail Society conference in March, if anyone's interested!

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday. See you there!

http://www.alabamatrail.com/pages/14/index.htm