PDA

View Full Version : For those about to rock...

Poedog
02-19-2015, 14:09
here's an article that I found invaluable during my thru last year. A few things are dated, but you'll figure it out as you move along. Remember, the more time you spend in the woods, the less money you'll blow in town. Unless you have no budget, then spend away!

Ideas for an Inexpensive Thru Hike http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/content.php/177

Have a great walk newbies!

Praha4
02-19-2015, 15:46
great link, thanks for posting, especially like the resupply list options.... of course not for everybody but great ideas. btw, Rendezvous Motel in Pearisburg is gone, burned down.....but there are a couple other hiker friendly motels in Pearisburg!

JessetheViking
02-19-2015, 17:03
makes sense, most of my money went to booze, hotels and restraunts. The average resupply in the south cost me around $30-$40 in the north it was $50-$60. So in todays world you could probably do it on $1500 including a pair of new trail runners and socks; assuming you would only need to replace the shoes once. I went through a half dozen pair of trail runners and could have probably cut that down to 3 pair.