PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player

squeezebox
02-21-2015, 11:03
The beat canister thread reminded me that I want to bring a MP3 player. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What about battery life. Any chance to get one with replaceable batteries, or SD cards? I don't want to listen to the same music for 6 months, or have the battery die after a couple of days.
Thanks!

SteelCut
02-21-2015, 11:09
I am using the 8GB version of this: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B002MAPT7U. It accepts micro-SD cards and recharges from a USB source.

Rocket Jones
02-21-2015, 11:13
They're getting rare these days, but there are mp3 players out there that use a single AAA battery. I fill mine with audiobooks and podcasts mostly.

Frye
02-21-2015, 11:34
The beat canister thread reminded me that I want to bring a MP3 player. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What about battery life. Any chance to get one with replaceable batteries, or SD cards? I don't want to listen to the same music for 6 months, or have the battery die after a couple of days.
Thanks!

I switch up between two, both of which take a single AAA.

One is a Colby that's been discontinued but still purchasable through Amazon. Real cheap but pretty reliable. I find that one of them will last me about a year. I typically bring this one along on my longer hikes. Weighs .7oz and holds 4gigs. Maybe 30 bucks.

My other player is an older Sony Walkman mp3 player. Not the newer one with the fancy screen. This one is only 1gig but the sound is great. It can also last well over 70 straight hours on one lithium aaa battery. Weight is about 1.4 oz. It's doubtful you'll have an easy time finding it though, I don't think it's been in production for many years.

Frye
02-21-2015, 11:40
They're getting rare these days, but there are mp3 players out there that use a single AAA battery. I fill mine with audiobooks and podcasts mostly.

Yeah, exactly. I've noticed though that a wide selection can still be bought on the Chinese market sites and I'm considering purchasing a small bulk order if I can find one that has the quality I'm looking for. It's such a niche market that I don't expect such players to be easily had in the states for much longer.

Walkintom
02-21-2015, 11:44
+1 on Sansa Clip. I have a 4gb version. It takes an SD card, which is nice.

Also, I dropped mine in the bottom of of a creek for about 45 minutes before I realized it was lost and found it. After drying it out, it still works perfectly and that was about 6 years ago.

Battery life is very good and it's usb rechargeable.

q-tip
02-22-2015, 11:38
Sansa Clip +, I get 15-17 hours and have almost 500 albums on it with the sd card. With the charger it comes in at 3.5 oz. The only drawback is the very small screen. For $50 + sd card not a bad deal.

MrGonzalo
02-22-2015, 23:11
Coby MP315, and get a 64gb USB stick. Works on AAA (x3). The batteries give you 16 hs of play. In amazon, under $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trbjr
02-22-2015, 23:14
+1 for the Sansa Clip. It also has Radio

Sarcasm the elf
02-22-2015, 23:20
I have had very good luck using the iPod shuffle. Mine is over eight years old and still plays for 12 hours straight per charge. The new ones play for much longer.

Mine has also proven to be exceptionally weather resistant (solid state technology helps) I have done things to it on several occasions that should have killed the device, but it keeps on working.

dudeijuststarted
02-22-2015, 23:21
Rock the AAA players. Then you have backup for your headlamp.