PDA

View Full Version : Ohm 2.0 Pad

brancher
02-22-2015, 10:16
Hi, I have an Ohm 2.0, and it has the stock ccf back pad in it. I'd like to put a Zlite in so I can more fully use my gear this year. Has anyone put a Zlite in an Ohm? If so, did you have to cut it down or shape it, or get a shorter one? And how did ou fare with the result?

Thanks..... this'll help me decide whether to spend the $$ yet...

br

Lyle
02-22-2015, 11:07
A full length, possibly even a 3/4 length Z Lite may fit, but it would take up a LOT of your internal volume, thus you will have a much smaller effective pack.

I use a Gossamer Gear Nightlight torso pad with my OHM 2 and it works quite well. I used to use this pad full time, but now prefer a X-Therm, so the Nightlight is relegated to sit pad, emergency pad (if the X-Therm develops an irreparable leak). Works quite well for me for a couple of years now.

brancher
02-22-2015, 11:17
Hmmm. Thanks, I'll give it a look. I think torso length is all I need (I use a Klymit or Prolite 3) for padding and supplemental insulation. Thx again.

SilentBob
02-22-2015, 15:25
I use a 3/4 and a full pad with no problems. The pad stays in the back of the pack folded in two sections. The rest of my gear goes in front of it.

SilentBob
02-22-2015, 15:27
Both pads are zlite .

brancher
02-22-2015, 19:21
Both pads are zlite .

This is kind of what I am looking for - If I can get a zlite in my Ohm (even a 3/4 one), then I can eliminate using a supplemental CCF pad with my Prolite or air mattress in colder weather. The full pad works okay for you? For a full week packing out, with food?

SilentBob
02-22-2015, 21:57
I carried 5 days worth of food without a problem. That is with my 3 season setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk