PDA

View Full Version : Snow

RED-DOG
02-24-2015, 11:30
6 inches of snow fell in western N.C last night me and friend drove up to winding stair gap and theirs atleast 8 inches maybe more and theirs more snow expected tonight and tommorow, so if anybody plans to go hiking or already out their you better have your microspikes.:banana:D

Speakeasy TN
02-24-2015, 13:12
Suckage! I'm 3 weeks away from starting and can't get out of my driveway. Man I love the trail maintainers on days like this!

Malto
02-24-2015, 13:53
6 inches of snow fell in western N.C last night me and friend drove up to winding stair gap and theirs atleast 8 inches maybe more and theirs more snow expected tonight and tommorow, so if anybody plans to go hiking or already out their you better have your microspikes.:banana:D

Im sure they will have the trail plowed in a day or two.

Praha4
02-24-2015, 14:11
the Weather Channel did a live interview at the Top of Georgia hiker hostel, near Dicks Creek Gap. The owner said they had 24 hikers stay there last night to get out of the weather, showed several inches of snow there.

Slo-go'en
02-24-2015, 17:53
The 100+ who plan to start the trail March 1st are going to be in for a big surprise! Doesn't seem like the weather is going to improve much any time soon. There was a reason everyone started April 15 back when winters like this one were the norm.

RED-DOG
02-25-2015, 12:10
the weather man says to expect between 6 to 9 inches TONIGHT on top of what we already have so by tommorow were have atleast a foot if the weather man is right.

Tipi Walter
02-25-2015, 14:45
I'm pulling my March trip with microspikes . . . and my bug headnet. Remember last March? (Or was it the March before?) The hottest March on record---and I had bugs in my eyes and ears and mouth and nose. But this time starting out I will see snow right off the bat in the mountains of TN and NC.

RED-DOG
02-26-2015, 09:55
We had more snow fall last night 4 to 5 inches so now their's 8 to 10 inches in my front yard so i figure atleast a foot out on the trail, good luck and happy trails.

Ruffdude
02-26-2015, 10:15
On the bright side the water resources will be full and running well by the time the Spring thaw hits. :)

full conditions
02-26-2015, 10:56
We've got about a foot on the ground here on Deep Creek (elev. 2300 ft) at the foot of Clingmans Dome. The power is out - could be a while. I'm guessing that the high country is very snowy right about now.