PDA

View Full Version : Time to Help a Good Friend

Jack Tarlin
11-02-2005, 15:28
I just discovered that the gas furnace at Miss Janet's House has finally bitten the dust. It is apparently unfixble and will have to be replaced.

I know this is an expensive time of year with the holidays coming up, and most folks already have a long list of charities and worthy causes they plan to donate to, but I hope some of you that know Janet and have stayed there
might consider sending her a small donation for the furnace fund. (The van could use some work, too, but that's another story!)

As anyone who has met her or has stayed at her place knows, Janet is one of the most unique people on the Trail, and in just a few short years, has achieved a remarkable reputation for friendliness, hospitality, and extraordinary kindness to thousands of folks in the hiking community.

I hope that many of you will take a few minutes, send her a few bucks, and help keep Miss Janet's House (which is open year round) stay warm this winter.

Her address is:

Janet Hensley
220 N. Elm Avenue
Erwin, TN 37650

or if you want to call her to get more info about this, try 423-743-1932.

neo
11-02-2005, 15:35
i have never had the pleasure of meeting miss janet,but everything i have heard about her is she is very wonderful lady,i will help miss janet:cool: neo

SGT Rock
11-02-2005, 15:44
I was just there this last weekend. The furnace was an issue for certain. There aren't a lot of hikers coming through right now, so add that to a broken furnance and I can see it being rough for her.

She is good people, y'all that can should help. Please.

sherrill
11-02-2005, 16:37
Hey Jack, should we make out a check directly to her? If so, what is her last name?

Jack Tarlin
11-02-2005, 18:06
Janet Hensley.

And thanks in advance to any of you guys who help out with this. November is an expensive month for Janet.....she's got Southbounders to take care of, and she also (at her own expense) puts on a Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat. This event means the world to hikers far from home, and I know for a fact she spends a ton of money on this. I think it'd be really cool if starting in a couple of days, Janet all of a sudden finds a mailbox full of 20 or 25-dollar checks; if only a small fraction of regular Whiteblaze folks do their bit, she should have more than enough to fix the furnace AND provide a kick-ass Thanksgiving for all sorts of folks who otherwise would have a pretty bleak holiday. I know that tons of folks reading this have either stayed at Janet's, met here somewhere up and down the line, or been helped by her in one way or another. And many of you will be meeting her, or enjoying her hospitality in the future.

Ten or twenty bucks, for most of us, is not that big a deal. I spent half that today just on newspapers, coffee, and lunch.

Now's the time to step up and help one of the best friends the Trail has ever had. Please join me in helping make this November one she'll remember for a long time.

Thanks much to anyone out there who helps out.

Lugnut
11-02-2005, 18:35
My check is on the way. I urge others do the same. :)

Kerosene
11-02-2005, 18:56
As a section hiker I may never get to stay with her, but since I respect the favorable opinions of most of you folks, I too will be shipping a check.

Rain Man
11-02-2005, 19:34
I have met the lady, more than once, and have been to her house, though I didn't get to stay (just passing through). Anyway, all the good things we hear about Miss Janet surely seem true. I'm proud to be able to pitch in and help out in just a small way and I encourage others to do likewise if they are able.

Rain Man

hikerjohnd
11-02-2005, 19:50
Because of her I ended up with no medical bills for my first bout with kidney stones! The doc she set me up with wouldn't take a dime... My check is certainly in the mail! I just wish I could do more!

Jack Tarlin
11-02-2005, 19:53
Damn, the positive energy from you guys is fantastic......I hope when I check in tomorrow, I see a couple of pages of posts like the ones so far!

Thanx again to everyone who helps out with this, you guys are great. I think it's gonna be a very happy Thanksgiving in Erwin!

uscgretired
11-02-2005, 19:55
As an unknown section hiker working my way North into Tennessee on the AT it would be nice to visit Ms. Janet's someday and sample the magic. My check will be in the mail first thing in the morning.

dixicritter
11-02-2005, 21:48
Great idea Jack! :)

Hikerhead
11-02-2005, 23:08
I'll be there in the morning to hand deliver my donation.

fishinfred
11-03-2005, 00:33
Hey Jack
Great idea! I want to help Miss Janet although Im a bit short on dough myself right now but hows this...
"A BlueBlazer Special" CLOCK is now on auction until SUNDAY(Nov.6th 10 PM) with ALL PROCEEDS going to the FURNACE/VAN FUND!!!
If its alright with the higher ups here we can auction this right here or people can email me bid offers http://[email protected] . The winner will mail winning amount to Miss Janet and when she recieves it I'll ship this Beautiful Salvaged & Recycled REAL REDWOOD CLOCK....Heres the link to see it http://fredor111.tripod.com/4860f690.jpg
I 'll Start the bidding at $25
I did my best work on this and used real 23 k goldleaf so I hope it brings in enough to help some .GOOD LUCK ! REMEMBER THE BIDDING WILL END PROPTLY AT 10 PM SUNDAY ! Lets get this lady some cash ASAP for her furnace AND van and if your not interested in the clock please send her what you can "help a friend"!
Fishinfred
PS
See more photos at http://fishinfreds.com

TAMBOURINE
11-03-2005, 00:34
This is really cool i never met her as well maybe on my thru hike next yr .I will def help also if people would help one another more the world would be a better place hope everyone helps...Tambourine ya can count me in

bfitz
11-03-2005, 00:54
As a section hiker I may never get to stay with her, but since I respect the favorable opinions of most of you folks, I too will be shipping a check

This is really cool i never met her as well maybe on my thru hike next yr .I will def help also if people would help one another more the world would be a better place hope everyone helps...Tambourine ya can count me in
Very cool.

Tha Wookie
11-03-2005, 01:03
Damn, the positive energy from you guys is fantastic......I hope when I check in tomorrow, I see a couple of pages of posts like the ones so far!

Thanx again to everyone who helps out with this, you guys are great. I think it's gonna be a very happy Thanksgiving in Erwin!

Jack, did you really say "positive engergy"? You know that makes you a 'liberal", don't you? hahaha!!! just for that I'll throw in a little from my hiker trash piggy-bank.

Let me put it this way -SHE HELPED ME OUT WHEN I NEEDED IT!

See you on beauty spot, Mz. J!

LIhikers
11-03-2005, 08:37
As a section hiker who hasn't yet been that far south I don't know Miss Janet but I'm willing to help out someone who's got such a great reputation for helping hikers. Could someone please send me Miss Janet's full name so I can make out a check!

CynJ
11-03-2005, 08:38
Of all the off trail places that I am really looking forward to visiting Miss Janet's tops the list.

Its the time of year when all the normal charities coming asking for donations - but I think personally I will feel great knowing that my donation will be going directly to help someone with a great soul who really cares about others!

If I am planning my sections right - I will see you in 2007 Miss Janet!!

:sun

neo
11-03-2005, 08:43
we are dropping a check in the mail today :cool: neo

gumby
11-03-2005, 09:22
I just discovered that the gas furnace at Miss Janet's House has finally bitten the dust. It is apparently unfixble and will have to be replaced.

I know this is an expensive time of year with the holidays coming up, and most folks already have a long list of charities and worthy causes they plan to donate to, but I hope some of you that know Janet and have stayed there
might consider sending her a small donation for the furnace fund. (The van could use some work, too, but that's another story!)

As anyone who has met her or has stayed at her place knows, Janet is one of the most unique people on the Trail, and in just a few short years, has achieved a remarkable reputation for friendliness, hospitality, and extraordinary kindness to thousands of folks in the hiking community.

I hope that many of you will take a few minutes, send her a few bucks, and help keep Miss Janet's House (which is open year round) stay warm this winter.

Her address is:

Janet Hensley
220 N. Elm Avenue
Erwin, TN 37650

Jack or anyone, I don't have or use checks we do everything either electronically or with cash. Is there a way I can some money to her? I haven't hiked yet nor will I for a few years, but I've heard of her and if she is half the lady you all say I truely want to help

gumby

Lone Wolf
11-03-2005, 09:54
Postal money order.

NoKnees
11-03-2005, 10:55
Hopefully I will get to meet Miss Janet someday. In any case checks in the mail.

Singe03
11-03-2005, 11:15
I stayed there a couple days in 2003, to those who have never had the opportunity to meet her, Miss Janet absolutely lives up to what people say about her.

She slacked a group of us, taking us north a good ways so we could walk back to Erwin and true to form for our year, the weather turned really nasty and rather cold for that time of the year. Most people would have not thought about it much, or figured we would be too hard to find, especially if we were not expecting a ride but Miss Janet loaded a couple hikers in to her van and set out going trailhead to trailhead to find us and make sure we were OK and see if we wanted to abort the slack. I was absolutely floored that she did that.

I can not do anything big, bad time of the year for me, but a check will be going out tomorrow morning.

On a related note: I'd really love to actually SEE beauty spot, I did see a tree faintly in the mist about 20 feet away while leaning on my poles to avoid being blown over.

orangebug
11-03-2005, 11:29
Jack or anyone, I don't have or use checks we do everything either electronically or with cash. Is there a way I can some money to her? I haven't hiked yet nor will I for a few years, but I've heard of her and if she is half the lady you all say I truely want to helpIf you use online banking, the address is enough to send her a check, and not even have to deal with the $0.37 stamp. Mine is on the way.

BTW, she is very helpful and available to section hikers.

neo
11-03-2005, 11:42
i dropped a check in the mail this morning,if enough people drop checks in the mail it will all add up:cool: neo

TAMBOURINE
11-03-2005, 11:43
your check is on the way Miss Janet if there is ((((anything)))else our family can do to help please feel free to call us ..The Alfords aka Tambourine 757-218-9573

D'Artagnan
11-03-2005, 12:00
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Miss Janet yet but hope to in the coming year. Her home is definitely on my "Must Visit" list.

Even though I'm a Methodist (trust me, there's a point to this) I believe in karma. Shortly after I read Jack's post this morning and decided to send what I could to help out, I received my paycheck and discovered that I had been given an unsolicited pay raise. For all the good she does, I know Miss Janet will receive a ten-fold blessing. She is truly a flower whose beauty never fades.

neo
11-03-2005, 15:01
does miss janet still have thanksging at her house,me and the wife would love to go to her house for thanksgiving:cool: neo

Rain Man
11-03-2005, 15:26
Gosh, can't even edit the Subject???

Anyway, Neo, my wife and I might be hiking the I-40/Standing Bear Farm-to-Hot Springs, NC section over the long Thanksgiving weekend (including Thanksgiving Day). Perhaps we can somehow hitch a ride to Miss Janet's to join you and the Missus and all the other good folks there.

Rain:sunMan

Lone Wolf
11-03-2005, 15:28
The NOC IS Wesser.

neo
11-03-2005, 16:41
Gosh, can't even edit the Subject???

Anyway, Neo, my wife and I might be hiking the I-40/Standing Bear Farm-to-Hot Springs, NC section over the long Thanksgiving weekend (including Thanksgiving Day). Perhaps we can somehow hitch a ride to Miss Janet's to join you and the Missus and all the other good folks there.

Rain:sunMan

sounds pretty cool to me rainman:cool: neo

gumby
11-03-2005, 17:14
If you use online banking, the address is enough to send her a check, and not even have to deal with the $0.37 stamp. Mine is on the way.

BTW, she is very helpful and available to section hikers.

Didn't even think about that. Check is on it's way.

Miss Janet
11-03-2005, 18:09
There is no way to explain how it feels to be part of this "family"! I found this thread today and found out what you all are up to! Several of the people here at the house had known about it and were not going to tell me. So, YES, you made me cry! Thank you all for your unbelievable love and concern.

We knew that there would always be things in this 100 year old house that would need attention. Over the past few years we have managed to get some big projects accomplished with work-for-stay labor and the helping hands of friends. But when it came to the furnace... that was out of our level of experience. I had hoped we might get it to run another year but the parts and skilled labor to fix it were toooo high! We started getting estimates for a new furnace a month ago when it was near 80 everyday...but then cold weather finally showed up here in East Tn. The little portable heaters just didn't get the job done! So Monday we finally found a company that would install the new unit very reasonably and helped us to get it financed.

While it was very comforting to see them set the new furnace up it was a little scary to be commiting to the thousands of $$!! Your donations will help to take the bite out it! Thank you so very much.

And all these South Bounders thank you , too. Maybe Jack wouldn't have started this if he had realized that SoBo's would get the benifit!

Squeaky 2
11-03-2005, 18:34
Cheque on its way from Squeaky and family in England. We met Miss Janet when Squeaky thru hiked the AT in 2003 what a brilliant lady she is.

Stef:clap :clap :clap

Sly
11-03-2005, 18:38
Check is in the mail and cross posted to the at-l.

I don't want the Sunday breakfast cook catching cold before the Sothern Ruck. ;)

Lugnut
11-03-2005, 20:11
Maybe Jack wouldn't have started this if he had realized that SoBo's would get the benifit!

I doubt that SoBo's entered into it. He likely did it for you and you deserve it; even if southbounders do get to enjoy the heat! :D

Alligator
11-04-2005, 10:22
Did I just hear a sleigh bell jingle? Miss Janet has definitely been a good woman this year.

Tha Wookie
11-04-2005, 10:45
There is no way to explain how it feels to be part of this "family"! I found this thread today and found out what you all are up to! Several of the people here at the house had known about it and were not going to tell me. So, YES, you made me cry! Thank you all for your unbelievable love and concern.

We knew that there would always be things in this 100 year old house that would need attention. Over the past few years we have managed to get some big projects accomplished with work-for-stay labor and the helping hands of friends. But when it came to the furnace... that was out of our level of experience. I had hoped we might get it to run another year but the parts and skilled labor to fix it were toooo high! We started getting estimates for a new furnace a month ago when it was near 80 everyday...but then cold weather finally showed up here in East Tn. The little portable heaters just didn't get the job done! So Monday we finally found a company that would install the new unit very reasonably and helped us to get it financed.

While it was very comforting to see them set the new furnace up it was a little scary to be commiting to the thousands of $$!! Your donations will help to take the bite out it! Thank you so very much.

And all these South Bounders thank you , too. Maybe Jack wouldn't have started this if he had realized that SoBo's would get the benifit!

Mz. J-

You do so much for the hiking community, selflessly, it is no surpise to me that people jump on the chance to give back. Because you've made your home our home, it's time we see that some maintenance is done!

My check, although not a lot, will be heading your way today!

I hope others step up. This is a very good thread. Thanks Jack for posting.

JojoSmiley
11-04-2005, 13:24
Shoe is on the other foot now Miss Janet. We get to help you who has helped so many. Sit back and accept it my dear. Oh, check is in the mail from us too.
Jojo Smiley and Nomad98

Marta
11-04-2005, 13:32
To paraphrase from "The Full Monty": "If a thousand people send ten dollars each, that's...(frowns and thinks)...that's a whole lot!"

Jack Tarlin
11-04-2005, 14:43
Thanx again to everyone who's helped out so far......if only a fraction of WB folks send 10 or 20 bucks (or more if you can!), it'll really add up, so while I don't wanna be a pest, if you've been following this thread and think it's a good idea, please take a minute and send Miss J. whatever you can......I know there are DOZENS of folks out there who've met J. or been lucky enough to stay there; we talk all the time about how to "give back the Trail." Well, here's a really good opportunity to do just that. People like Miss Janet ARE the Trail, and everything you send along will help a hiker.

And someday, it'll come back to you.

Jaybird
11-04-2005, 16:02
I just discovered that the gas furnace at Miss Janet's House has finally bitten the dust. It is apparently unfixble and will have to be replaced. I hope that many of you will take a few minutes, send her a few bucks, and help keep Miss Janet's House (which is open year round) stay warm this winter.Her address is:
Janet Hensley
220 N. Elm Avenue
Erwin, TN 37650

THANKS for letting us know about this JACK!
My contribution is on the way!:D :D

Blister
11-04-2005, 16:54
When I saw Jack last night he told me about the situation and the thread. ALthough I am trying to get back on my feet finacially from a summer off of working, I can't think of a better way to put my priorities in order. I first met Janet when she was working for UJ and since she has become such a great friend from the trail. I have met hundreds of hikers whom have simply fallen in love with her, her hospitality is unmatched and comes trully from the heart. I will do what I can. Don't know when I will actually see her again - not for at least a year but we always seem to keep in touch. Cheers to you, Miss Janet and with all my love.:dance

pdhoffman
11-04-2005, 17:20
Just one example of why Miss Janet is one of the very rare gems.

Last year I ended up in the ICU at Johnson City Medical Center after an encounter with a nest of yellowjackets. Without getting into the messy details, Miss Janet was the one who got me there. She then stayed at the hospital all day, and would come in to see how I was doing, when she could talk her way past the the ICU staff. This was definitely above and beyond.

JoJo has it right. Time to help a friend.

Pete Hoffman
"Old Corpus"

Freighttrain
11-04-2005, 17:56
my check is written,... will go out Mon AM

We Love You Miss Janet!!!

FreightTrain n Midnight

Lone Wolf
11-04-2005, 17:58
She gonna need a Brinks truck to bring all that bling to the bank!:D

april2006
11-04-2005, 22:48
Haven't met Miss Janet yet, but I can't wait. My check will be in the mail Monday! See ya'll on the trail.:jump

TDale
11-04-2005, 23:40
IF you have an American Express online account you can send her an AMEX check real easy.

Big Dawg
11-04-2005, 23:45
I met Miss Janet in April/05 when she shuttled me & a friend to Allen Gap,,, & I'll be using her shuttle services again on the next section hike,,,,,, what a great gal!!! My check will be in the mail next week--(waiting on payday).

justusryans
11-05-2005, 00:54
Same here!

Hammock Hanger
11-05-2005, 02:13
we talk all the time about how to "give back the Trail." Well, here's a really good opportunity to do just that. People like Miss Janet ARE the Trail, and everything you send along will help a hiker.

And someday, it'll come back to you.

very well said Mr. Tarlin. :D

Two Speed
11-05-2005, 02:59
She gonna need a Brinks truck to bring all that bling to the bank!:DCouldn't happen to a nicer or more deserving person. Count me in.

Chickety
11-05-2005, 08:20
Wasn't able to squeeze into Miss Janet's place this year on our hike because it's such a popular place........with good reason! But we saw her in town and she (of course), offered us and our friend's a ride.

Some cash from Chickety & Neighbor is on the way.

TJ aka Teej
11-05-2005, 09:44

The unintended consequences of kindness :D
Have a blessed and warm Thanksgiving, Miss Janet!

Lucy Lulu
11-05-2005, 13:08
I did not get the chance to stay with MJ, but I definitely benefited from her shuttles more than once. Check is in the mail, and thx MJ.

Lone Wolf
11-05-2005, 23:38
Me and Gypsy stopped by Janet's joint today. All is well, full house tonite, SOBOs everywhere. Gonna make TGiving this year. Hell yeah!!:jump

bfitz
11-05-2005, 23:48
Me and Gypsy stopped by Janet's joint today. All is well, full house tonite, SOBOs everywhere. Gonna make TGiving this year. Hell yeah!!
Keep those checks coming, though. It'll help. Winter's almost here...

Miss Janet
11-05-2005, 23:53
This has been the most amazing week!

Unexpected phone calls from dear old friends. brand new friends and even some Jewish Sweepstakes contest I never heard of??

Surprise visits. Encouraging visits. Lots of mail!! Even more tears. Some of you really like to make me cry... You all are so wonderful! Right now I might even give DaSwartz a big ole hug! Thank you all for this huge boost you have given me.

Big Dawg
11-05-2005, 23:59
Thank you all for this huge boost you have given me.

You deserve it!!! :D

bfitz
11-06-2005, 00:38
Some of you really like to make me cry... Right now I might even give DaSwartz a big ole hug! Thank you all for this huge boost you have given me.
Leave it to MJ....:p

RedneckRye
11-06-2005, 04:57
You probably shouldn't hug DaSch*itz, you'd likely just get some sort of bad rash and then turn really bitter.
Unlike the lie that I occcasionally tell to the guy on the phone who asks for me by my FULL name, the check IS in the mail.

justusryans
11-06-2005, 08:03
You probably shouldn't hug DaSch*itz, you'd likely just get some sort of bad rash and then turn really bitter.
Unlike the lie that I occcasionally tell to the guy on the phone who asks for me by my FULL name, the check IS in the mail.

Yea, you,ll have to wipe extra good to make sure you got all of it off too. Be carefull of that e.coli:eek: :eek:

TAMBOURINE
11-06-2005, 09:14
She gonna need a Brinks truck to bring all that bling to the bank!:D A good person deserves a gold mine:D

JimSproul
11-06-2005, 17:15
I think it makes more sense to live where you don't NEED a furnace this time of year! I spent 10 years in Boston. I have had my share of "changing seasons". My youngst and I had a nice walk in the sunshine today. High this afternoon 80 degrees. :sun

I just put an envelope in the box.

We are all on the same journey. When you help any, you help all, and you have helped many!

Thanks Miss Janet, I hope our paths cross soon.

sassy03
11-06-2005, 19:09
Kodiak and I will be dropping our check off and possibly be staying the night this week while up that way. Miss Janet- you deserve every last bit of this and more! Thank you for all that you do!

Sassy03 (and possibly '06... we'll see how our hike goes this week!:sun )

Hikerhead
11-06-2005, 19:33
I was there when the new furnace was being wheeled into place. Miss Janet had tears of joy flowing down her cheeks as she told me about all the help that she was getting from everyone. Thanks to everyone for helping out a special lady who has helped out hundreds if not thousands of hikers.

Fiddler
11-06-2005, 22:50
I'm just a thru-hiker wanna-be (never been on the AT) but I've seen this lady's name many times on several boards. Always good things said about her. Just tonight ran across this thread, check will be in the mail tomorrow. Who knows if I won't show up in Erwin in '06 (or maybe '07) and need a place to sleep when I get there?

Lone Wolf
11-06-2005, 22:54
You're a good person, fiddler. If and when you show up at Janet's, you'll want for nothing.

MedicineMan
11-06-2005, 23:09
can I bring a contribution when I come over for Thanksgiving Diner?

Sly
11-06-2005, 23:23
can I bring a contribution when I come over for Thanksgiving Diner?

Cash would be best! ;)

RedneckRye
11-08-2005, 01:54
I don't really have anything important to add to the thread, just posting to bring it back up to the top of the list.
About 35 of us have posted something along the lines of "The check is in the mail". Hopefully many, many more others didn't bother to post and just sent the check.

TrailSweeper
11-08-2005, 08:48
Is anyone here in the heating industry, that could maybe help her out also?

TrailSweeper
11-08-2005, 08:49
oops, should have read further

Lone Wolf
11-08-2005, 08:50
The BIG brand new heating unit is already installed and up and running.

Miss Janet
11-08-2005, 11:32
This year, we will once again be having the Hiker Thanksgiving Dinner here at Miss Janet's House. This year we will be celebrating in a very warm house! The new furnace has been set and is all ready for the next cold snap. Thank all of you for being so generous with your help and so thoughtful with your words of kindness!!! But be careful... with the big head you are giving me we will be needing to put in bigger doorways in the house!!

Thanksgiving Day and we will aim to eat about 1:00 in the afternoon. Any SoBo's in the area are invited and if they need a ride from the trail they should call and let me know. We will collect hikers from north and south of Erwin and take them back to the trail. Alumni and old friends are encouraged to come and join us and bring a dish of your choice... or come early and help cook! If you have never been here to visit then this would be a fun time to be here and we would love to meet you. It gets a little crazy around here and the beds will go to the hikers first. But there will be plenty of places to stay if you eat too much and can't drive home.

So come early, stay late, eat too much, laugh alot and maybe even go take a hike! This year, we have a lot to be thankful for. Celebrating our families and our AT "family" together is the best way I can think of to spend the day. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. Thank you!!

Miss Janet

PS... The world is a messed up place with the news full of one disaster after another. Riots, hurricanes, tornadoes, bird flu... I have never been the most religious person but it is a scary time and we all need to be thankful for what we have and remember those that have lost so very much.

Mags
11-08-2005, 12:33
Consider it good trail karma Miss Janet! Many of us know of your kindness first hand!

glessed
11-08-2005, 21:20
Well, since you asked, I am also going to do my part. I may not get that way for a couple of years but these special people are rare.

Nean
11-09-2005, 08:33
I don't trust the USPS. I'll make my donation in person, most likely today or tomorrow. Hope to catch you home. We love you Miss Janet!

Grampie
11-09-2005, 12:31
I hope that Uncle Johney is reading these posts. If he is he is probably saying, "Where did I go wrong."
Janet...Have a happy Thanksgiving...God bless you.:)

TAMBOURINE
11-09-2005, 12:42
God bless all of you on here and have a great Thankgiving Glad you got you furnace Janet and everything is looking up .Would love to come visit from Va Beach but already have family comming here but hopefully i will be meeting you very soon.

roadie
11-09-2005, 16:50
a friend in need is a friend indeed. i love her a bushel and a peck- as i'm sure most everyone does. i couldn't think of a more deserving person than Ms. Janet to receive this love from her "devoted trashes". she does so much for us. now WE can BEGIN to return all the favors.

and maybe next year we can look into a double-decker double wide (any keller fans out there? heehee.) for her. shuttle purposes, of course. lol

see ya'll at southern ruck

roadie
11-09-2005, 16:55
oops. didn't read far enough. i'm glad everything went well, and i will STILL be sending a little love, and i hope to see my hiker familia for Thanksgiving. i don't think i'll make it back to my home this year. so on to my "other mother's" house to hang with all my "other brothers and sisters!" love all of you!
*wipes away huge fat tear* :)

Jester2000
11-15-2005, 21:54
What is it with all you people posting before you read the whole thread? C'mon, Roadie. . .

Anyways, ain't this a great thread? No sniping or criticizing. Just the occasional joke about Southbounders. . .

Seriously, this is the kind of thread that makes me realize why I love the Trail. And by 'the Trail' I mean all of you.

My check's on it's way. The furnace may be in the house, but it ain't paid for yet. And so you all know, i spoke to Miss J. She's not just whelmed, she's overwhelmed. And she scatters her love and thanks everywhere like a shotgun, which is kind of frightening the neighbors.

Nean
11-16-2005, 12:39
See you soon Miss Janet!