PDA

View Full Version : Halulite minimalist

Wokman
02-27-2015, 22:46
This puppy is cool

AO2134
02-27-2015, 22:51
I use this. I love it when the cheapest is also the lightest and one of the most compact. I have used it numerous times with my pocket rocket. Never once had a problem. Absolutely love both.

Wokman
02-27-2015, 23:03
Pretty good boil time. Holds heat well too.

Wokman
02-27-2015, 23:17
I'm up at red top mountain right now

Gray Bear
02-28-2015, 09:45
I just bought this along with the MSR micro rocket. I'm loving it. reasonably light and cheap. all nested in the cup. I'm wondering if I should have saved a few bucks and got the pocket rocket. I'm not sure it would fit as well though.

Cotton Terry
02-28-2015, 11:54
Probably a dumb question, but do you use the Minimalist to just boil water, or do you eat out of it, too? Is there enough room to cook a Knorr dinner in?

Gray Bear
02-28-2015, 13:37
it would be tight. I'm using mine for FBC.

kevperro
03-01-2015, 01:05
I use mine with my Flat Cat Snow Leopard and the entire system is good for boiling, cooking, insulated coffee mug and I can cook with alcohol OR ESBIT. The stove and windscreen all pack away in the minimalist cup so it makes for a very nice package. My entire cook set + stove is about 7 ounces and it doesn't require a bag to keep it all in together. None of it is flimsy ( I have the stainless windscreen).... it will last for years and there are no moving pieces to break. Set-up and take down are super quick.

This the the best stove combo I've used and I've tried a bunch.

Hoofit
03-01-2015, 07:55
I use this. I love it when the cheapest is also the lightest and one of the most compact. I have used it numerous times with my pocket rocket. Never once had a problem. Absolutely love both.

Second that, great little pot and the pocket rock plus case fit right inside.
Tight fitting lid as well for drinking through the slit without worrying about it spilling.
Cooked up Pasta and Tuna and then Hot Cocoa in it the other week at freezing temps in Ocala Forest.
sure warmed me up !

Gray Bear
03-01-2015, 09:27
does anyone know i the pocket rock and a canister will it inside? I have the micro rocket and I can get the pot grabber a canister of fuel the stove and igniter inside with the lid on tight. its a sweet little rig. I picked up the set on backcountry.com for less than $20. If the pocket rocket fit that would be even better. The micro rocket is a bit pricy at $60.

HaChayalBoded
04-23-2015, 21:57
does anyone know i the pocket rock and a canister will it inside? I have the micro rocket and I can get the pot grabber a canister of fuel the stove and igniter inside with the lid on tight. its a sweet little rig. I picked up the set on backcountry.com for less than $20. If the pocket rocket fit that would be even better. The micro rocket is a bit pricy at $60.

No, the pocket rocket is a fairly large to pack stove.

http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2011/12/microrocket-mugs-for-camera.html

Gray Bear
04-24-2015, 05:14
No, the pocket rocket is a fairly large to pack stove.

http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2011/12/microrocket-mugs-for-camera.html

I'm absolutely loving this setup. I can either use my micro rocket with a canister or my cat food can and alcohol. Either way it all fits inside. I've been using this thing almost daily at work o boil water for coffee at work.