PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with Big Sky...

4shot
02-28-2015, 20:11
tents? Looking around to replace a much used and well loved TT Double Rainbow. Before I replace any pc. of gear I always look around.Anybody have any experience with this brand?

And/or...any recommendations from you on a light 2 person tent? I like them whenever I am hiking solo (love the extra room) oroftentimes I do have the better half with me?Any recommendations?

capehiker
02-28-2015, 20:24
I don't have any first hand experience because there are pages of negative reviews on BPL.

Walkintom
02-28-2015, 23:41
I love our Double Rainbow. Why fix what isn't broken?

4shot
03-01-2015, 08:58
I love our Double Rainbow. Why fix what isn't broken?

The DR is a great piece of gear...and I usually just replace quality gear with the equivalent. However I always 'kick the tires" a bit because of the rapid evolution in gear. Lots of changes and improvements can and do take place in the course of several years. Will not hesitate to pick TT again.

Frye
03-01-2015, 12:26
Big Sky has some decent designs. Customer service stinks as does the amount of time it takes to receive your purchase. I read somewhere it was due to some sourcing issues the fellow who runs it was having, I'm not sure I buy it though. I wouldn't go with them personally. It's a pity as I have been interested in trying the Wisp for a minute.

capehiker
03-01-2015, 12:33
The website layout has always been a disaster. There's equally comparable options for the same price.

Shutterbug
03-02-2015, 20:20
tents? Looking around to replace a much used and well loved TT Double Rainbow. Before I replace any pc. of gear I always look around.Anybody have any experience with this brand?

And/or...any recommendations from you on a light 2 person tent? I like them whenever I am hiking solo (love the extra room) oroftentimes I do have the better half with me?Any recommendations?

I don't have experience because when I ordered one, they kept slipping the delivery date. When it became obvious that I would not get the tent in time for a hike I had planned, I cancelled the order. I like their design.

Venchka
03-03-2015, 18:14
Double Moment.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wayne

mankind117
03-09-2015, 20:27
I have the Big Sky Evolution 2P. If you are looking for a 2P conventional double wall tent you won't find any as light or roomy. I'm 6'6" and I can sit without touching the ceiling and stretch out without touching the ends. The weight with 8 stakes is a little over 3 pounds. I was a bit skeptical of Big Sky as well because of all the bad forums threads from a while ago about them. I took the change and they did deliver the tent promptly. Here is more info about it:
http://hikingandcampinginmdpaandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/03/big-sky-evolution-2p.html

mankind117
03-09-2015, 20:29
As another poster mentioned the double moment is a good shelter as well. I have one of those as well. I had a double rainbow but too much condensation living on the east coast.