PDA

View Full Version : Rock Gap Parking

TSWisla
03-01-2015, 16:55
Will I be able to park at Rock Gap in NC for 10 days? Is this a safe place to leave your car for that amount of time? Any other ideas for parking if this is not possible? I left off at Rock Gap last year and need to pick up where I left off. Thank you.

daddytwosticks
03-02-2015, 08:19
Rock Gap is very safe. However, for ten days, I think I'd find some other alternative. Maybe a certain motel owner/shuttler in Franklin? :)

full conditions
03-02-2015, 08:24
I agree with daddytwosticks - ask Ron Haven for permission to leave your car with him in Franklin.If you really want to leave your car near Rock Gap for 10 days, and you don't want to leave it in Franklin, I would at least leave it in the hiker parking lot at Standing Indian Campground - pretty short walk from there to Rock Gap.

TSWisla
03-02-2015, 13:55
Thank you. I called Ron Haven's and they said that they are not shuttling currently. I can park at his motel for a fee, but how will I get to Rock Gap then? When you say short walk from Standing Indian, how far do you mean? Do I walk the AT or am I walking along a highway? Also, do I have to call to reserve a spot there or do I simply show up? Is there a charge that you know of? Why would it be a bad idea to park at Rock Gap? Is there a chance I can get towed? Thank you.

Sandy of PA
03-02-2015, 19:50
About 2 miles on a country road.