PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln, NH hostel?

hikernutcasey
03-03-2015, 11:33
I'm riding the bus from Boston to Lincoln and need to spend one night there before getting on the trail the next morning. Are there any hostels there or somewhere to stay on the cheap? Thanks

Nick P
03-03-2015, 13:36
I'm riding the bus from Boston to Lincoln and need to spend one night there before getting on the trail the next morning. Are there any hostels there or somewhere to stay on the cheap? Thanks

There's Chet's Place, but don't know when he opens. It's only a converted garage, and gets full, but is donation based and he's very hiker-friendly.
There are cheap hotels in N. Woodstock, a few miles away. Good luck.

peakbagger
03-03-2015, 14:20
The OP should state when he is coming up. Currently the trails have 4 feet of snow cover. I could guess he is planning for later in the season or has significant winter backcountry experience.

hikernutcasey
03-03-2015, 15:35
The OP should state when he is coming up. Currently the trails have 4 feet of snow cover. I could guess he is planning for later in the season or has significant winter backcountry experience.August 15. Hopefully there won't be 4 feet of snow then :)

Driver8
03-03-2015, 17:16
August 15. Hopefully there won't be 4 feet of snow then :)

Chet'll be open then, in near-peak season. He' open all year.

Doc
03-03-2015, 18:32
August 15. Hopefully there won't be 4 feet of snow then :)

After this year we may still be shoveling in August.

peakbagger
03-03-2015, 21:10
Probably a good year for snow in Mahoosucs ravine until September

Slo-go'en
03-03-2015, 23:02
Probably a good year for snow in Mahoosucs ravine until September

It would be fun to go through there right now. Could probably snowshoe right over those boulders instead of crawling under them!

Sly
03-04-2015, 01:59
There's also going to be a new hostel near North Woodstock called The Notch

www.notchhostel.com (http://www.notchhostel.com/)

hikernutcasey
03-04-2015, 10:10
There's also going to be a new hostel near North Woodstock called The Notch

www.notchhostel.com (http://www.notchhostel.com/)Awesome! That might be just what we were looking for. Thanks for the tip!