PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Hiking Partner(s), from Springer Mt approx April 22

Goudas
03-03-2015, 19:02
This will be my first AT hike, and i think I would enjoy company for a few days.
I will need to stop approx May 7, to return for my Son's wedding
Tks

ednotmilkman
03-09-2015, 16:07
hi Goudas,

I'm not looking for a 2 week AT hike in GA right now, but since we live close by, maybe we can keep in touch for other hikes. I'm working my way up the AT in sections and have walked most, up to mile 542 in VA.

Maverick223
03-30-2015, 16:21
I'm planning to start my thru-hike in GA about that time (either the 21st or 22nd). I'm looking for a thru-hiker to partner up with (I'm guessing that's not your plan, please correct me if my assumption is incorrect), but wouldn't mind meeting up with you as well if our schedules align. All the best;

Kelly (AKA: Mav.)

Wood Booger
04-03-2015, 20:41
I am thinking of doing at least part of the Georgia AT in late April, so I might be able to do a few days.

phourgenres
04-11-2015, 20:16
Kelly, I'm probably going right around then for the full thur hike. Still doing my final gear round up before I can verify that date. I'm leaving from Raleigh. How are you getting down there?

I'm planning to start my thru-hike in GA about that time (either the 21st or 22nd). I'm looking for a thru-hiker to partner up with (I'm guessing that's not your plan, please correct me if my assumption is incorrect), but wouldn't mind meeting up with you as well if our schedules align. All the best;

Kelly (AKA: Mav.)

Maverick223
04-12-2015, 00:19
phourgenres, my father is going to drive me down to the approach trail (starts in Amicalola, 8.8mi. South of Springer Mtn.). If my schedule (likely leaving on the 21st, if all goes well) suits you and you are planning to do likewise I can probably arrange for you to come with me (he drives a 2 seat vehicle, but he and my mother could probably trade for the day). FWIW I have a friend that is planning to scoop me up from ME for the return tour (stopping at NYC & DC on the way back)...if you need a ride back (and our schedules happen to coincide and you're willing to tour NYC for a day & DC for half a day) I can almost certainly arrange that as he drives a gas sipping 4-dr car with plenty of room.

Gotta run...flight (unrelated to AT thru-hike) leaves in about 7hrs.