PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Roan Mtn.

Chip
11-03-2005, 12:31
Just finished hiking fron the Nolichucky River to 19E. Great hike !! Great views form the balds, snow and ice on Roan & Unaka. Also a pesky hunting dog hanging around Cherry Gap Shelter, beware. Met several SOBOs along the way: Sarge, Somersault, High Mountain, another Sarge, Pinky and Poga. Low temp at Beauty Spot on 10/28 was 24 that morning, no wind. Great weather!! :)

MDSHiker
11-03-2005, 13:31
I met High Mountain on a section hike in VA a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I stopped and talked to him just north of Bland, VA. I was hiking north and also passed several south bounders. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits!

Chip
11-03-2005, 14:36
I met High Mountain on a section hike in VA a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I stopped and talked to him just north of Bland, VA. I was hiking north and also passed several south bounders. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits!

Yep! The SOBOs I met were doing well and having a great time. In fact so good that if the trail went to the south end of Florida I think they would keep on hiking. They were not ready to stop at Springer. :D

The Solemates
11-03-2005, 17:27
Yep! The SOBOs I met were doing well and having a great time. In fact so good that if the trail went to the south end of Florida I think they would keep on hiking. They were not ready to stop at Springer. :D

um...it does

Chip
11-03-2005, 23:38
um...it does

That is the Florida National Trail not the AT . I get your point. Thanks.:)