PDA

View Full Version : OT: Man in Arkansas kills buck with hands

Newb
11-03-2005, 13:04
I just had to share this with y'all, don't flame me for it not being on the AT.

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - For 40 exhausting minutes, Wayne Goldsberry battled a buck with his bare hands in his daughter's bedroom.
Goldsberry finally subdued the five-point whitetail deer that crashed through a bedroom window at his daughter's home Friday. When it was over, blood splattered the walls and the deer lay dead on the bedroom floor, its neck broken.
Goldsberry was at his daughter's home when he heard glass breaking. He went back to check on the noise and found the deer.
"I was standing about like this peeking around the corner when the deer came out of the bedroom," said Goldsberry. The deer ran down the hall and into the master bedroom — "jumping back and forth across the bed."
Goldsberry, about 6-feet-1 and 200 pounds, entered the bedroom to confront the deer and, after a brief struggle, emerged to tell his wife to call police. After returning to the bedroom, the fight continued. Goldsberry finally was able to grip the animal and twist its neck, killing it.
Goldsberry, sore from the struggle, dragged the dead animal out of the house.
"He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while," Deputy Doug Gay said.
At this time of year, a buck that sees its reflection in a window often charges, believing it is fighting off a rival, Gay said.
Goldsberry had the deer butchered.
"He's in the freezer," the man said before walking to the kitchen and showing off pounds of freshly wrapped venison.

Whistler
11-03-2005, 13:21
Wow. Some guests just don't know when to leave, and not all hosts are gracious.
-Mark

Spartan Hiker
11-03-2005, 14:32
Another sad case of Arkancide...

Tha Wookie
11-03-2005, 16:53
You mean he didn't have a permit?

:jump

Uncle Silly
11-04-2005, 17:31
You don't need a permit to kill a trespasser. No bag limit, either. :D