PDA

View Full Version : Old Atmos 65 on Sale at REI

AO2134
03-15-2015, 13:16
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know that the old Osprey Atmos 65 pack is on sale at REI for $186.93. I bought it and my final price came down to $140.06 after dividend. I am happy to get a slightly move heavy duty pack for winter hiking and longer section hiking. Currently, I use an REI Flash 62, which I also love but struggles under the heavier weight of my winter gear. My goal is to keep the Flash weight to around 25 lbs and under. If it goes higher, then I'd use the atmos.

It appears they are out of the medium.

Harrison Bergeron
03-16-2015, 08:11
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know that the old Osprey Atmos 65 pack is on sale at REI for $186.93. I bought it and my final price came down to $140.06 after dividend. I am happy to get a slightly move heavy duty pack for winter hiking and longer section hiking. Currently, I use an REI Flash 62, which I also love but struggles under the heavier weight of my winter gear. My goal is to keep the Flash weight to around 25 lbs and under. If it goes higher, then I'd use the atmos.

It appears they are out of the medium.

So sad to see it go. I've loved my Atmos for 5 years now. Still going strong but I'm tempted to grab a replacement while they're still available. Too bad I'm a "medium". Oh well, maybe the Exos will still be around when my Atmos finally bites the dust.

The new AG looks amazing until you see the weight -- almost 5lbs. Unless the frame is 100% "Unobtainium", I don't see how that qualifies as "Anti Gravity". My old aluminum-frame hitch-hiking pack from the 70's weighed as much. I have to admit, I've always justified my Atmos's 3.5 lbs on the basis of that wonderful suspension system, but it's hard to see how the improvements could be worth yet another pound.

Maybe they'll bring back the "Atmos Classic" some day.

FlyFishNut
03-16-2015, 19:53
BTW - the REI dividends are in. $629 bucks ..... I'm not gonna blow it so fast like last year. It burned a hole in my pocket!