PDA

View Full Version : DWG north starting in May for 10-15 days

TEXMAN
03-16-2015, 21:32
I plan on hiking from DWG north for 2 weeks plus or minus a few days ...... avg 12-15 miles per day
I would like to start early May but I am flexible on the dates

anyone interested ?

TEXMAN
03-20-2015, 16:16
UPDATE ON MY PLANS

Leaving Delaware Water Gap on May6th ..spending night at Mohican Center

Hiking North to Mt Everett in Massachusetts with goal of reaching there by May 21

Join me for part or all of hike

ednotmilkman
03-28-2015, 12:27
I might be able to join you as 2 weeks is a good section for me. What are the best ways to get to beginning and from ending trailheads if I fly and/or take public buses? Or if you plan to drive, might could meet you in north AL or TN to carpool rest of the way.

Edwin

TEXMAN
03-28-2015, 15:15
Edwin,
I am flying into JFK on May 5 > taking airport shuttle to NYC Port Authority Terminal- $16
then taking Bus to Delware Water Gap $35

On wayback I will take commuter train from Pawling NY to Grand Central Station (NYC) and then get airport shuttle to JFK

DWG to Pawlng is 155miles on trail and a 2.5 miles to town and train station
I plan on getting to Pawling on a 16th
I am then hikingnorth to Mt Everett another 63 miles then hike or shuttle back to Pawling train station
I fly back to Dallas on May 23

If you want to bring your car we could each walk opposite directions every day >>drop off Hiker A who hikes North>drive to next road crossing >Hiker B hikes south >Hiker A gets car and drives back to where Hiker A started trail and pickup Hiker B

Logistics with a car are a problem unless you want to pay for a shuttle

Let me know if you want to hook up.I can hike in either direction but my dates are set with on refundable tickets.

TEXMAN > Trail name" old man river"

ednotmilkman
04-01-2015, 11:16
Just booked my air fare last night. I'm starting May 5 Newark, ending May 23 Albany. So now we are looking for the 3rd ...:banana:banana