PDA

View Full Version : Virginia school bus

trekrocketboy
03-19-2015, 05:54
Does anyone know where that abandoned school bus in the field is? (I think it's in SW Virginia, but not certain)

bigcranky
03-19-2015, 07:36
Um, I think it's just north of the Trimpi shelter, coming out of the woods where the trail goes through a farmer's field.

Slo-go'en
03-19-2015, 13:16
Um, I think it's just north of the Trimpi shelter, coming out of the woods where the trail goes through a farmer's field.

Yep, but it might be gone now. I don't remember seeing it when I went through there spring of 2013. Maybe it had just sunk into the ground too much or covered with vegetation to see it.

bamboo bob
03-19-2015, 14:43
It might be there. That field is so overgrown now you really can't see where it was. But it might be there. You could easily walk through and not see it with all the growth. I was there in 2012 last. Previously the field was grazed and it was right there on the left coming nobo.

tiptoe
03-19-2015, 15:45
I don't remember seeing a bus there last spring either on my sobo section. But I also managed to miss the Mason-Dixon line sign, too, so I didn't want to comment until somebody else did.

trekrocketboy
03-19-2015, 15:58
The last time we hiked that section, we did it backwards. Maybe that's why we missed it. I'll check it out soon-we hike all through that entire area pretty regular. Thank you for all the replies!

wornoutboots
03-19-2015, 16:25
Good question!! I must have missed it because I night hiked sobo into Trimpi when I went through there. It was a tough/fun adventure hiking through those cow pastures at night & staying on the trail