PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs Food

NoSew
03-19-2015, 12:15
Just got to Hot Springs and stopped in at the Mexican restaurant, Campo Bello, for a bite and was treated like royalty. They welcomed me with open arms even though I was dripping wet from the rain. Ate the Burrito California, only $12 and it was huge, with tons of beans and rice on the side. Just want to reccomend this place for any hiker passing through. Happy trails folks!

illabelle
03-23-2015, 13:23
Hey there NoSew! We met you on the trail at Spring Mtn Shelter. Husband & I were the middle-aged couple going south. :) It was good to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather. I was just reading recent posts by RockDoc and AO on another thread about Rocks in Pennsylvania, and thought about you and your interest in geology. You would understand them perfectly! LOL

We ate at the Iron Horse when we arrived Sunday afternoon. Good food! But now we're back at work. 'Nother Monday. :(

RED-DOG
03-24-2015, 10:36
The best place to eat in Hot Springs is the Smoky Mountain Diner i ate there on all my hikes the food is awesome.

gibsygoldtop
03-24-2015, 12:08
Smoky Mountain Diner was AMAZING. We stayed for a long weekend last year in Hot Springs and sampled every place in town. It was all good!

buckaroo007
03-24-2015, 12:38
+1 on the smokey mountain diner

windels11
03-24-2015, 23:43
Hiked into Hot Springs yesterday also! Got there around 11:15 ish! Went to the Smokey Mountain Diner, great service and food!

TOW
03-25-2015, 08:20
The Appalachian Trail Café there in Hot Springs serves the best "hog jowls, chitlin's, and brains" this side of the Mason Dixon Line, that be short or sausage.....

PapaGarrettP
03-25-2015, 08:23
What's the name of the place at the campground? Two years ago we had the best breakfast ever!
PapaG

Hangfire
03-25-2015, 15:29
The Hot Springs cafe over across the railroad tracks was my best find. If you want to hang out with the locals this was the place to be!

Odd Man Out
03-25-2015, 15:51
The Appalachian Trail Café there in Hot Springs serves the best "hog jowls, chitlin's, and brains" this side of the Mason Dixon Line, that be short or sausage.....

Not sure anyone sells hog jowls, chitlins and brains north of the MDL. ;-)

T-Rx
03-27-2015, 08:03
I agree the Smoky Mtn. diner is very good but also the campground store/cafe is excellent! I eat there at least once on every trip to Hot Springs.