PDA

View Full Version : SPAM in pouches for one...

Hammock Hanger
11-06-2005, 20:57
I was at Sam's today and came across single serve pouches of Spam. I had never seen these before so I take it they are new... (well, new to me.)

They are garbage but served up with spicy mustard not so bad. It is at least a change from the chicken, tuna and summer sausage routine. Small and light weight as well.

smokymtnsteve
11-06-2005, 21:16
yes..but is it Kosher?:jump

MDSHiker
11-06-2005, 22:04
You gotta love the SPAM truck at NASCAR races...FREE SPAM !!

Ok...so does SPAM taste good mixed in with noodles???

Hammock Hanger
11-06-2005, 22:07

Not sure about noodles but it isn't so bad in Potato Soup.

weary
11-07-2005, 00:09
All protein tastes good when mixed with noodles, especially protein mixed with a lot of fat. Now whether it is healthy is a different matter.

justusryans
11-07-2005, 04:15

You gotta love the SPAM truck!! Last time I went to Charlotte it wasn't there and I was Sooooo disappointed. I ALWAYS get the free SPAM! MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm:D

Spam taste's good with anything! I love fried SPAM and mustard sandwiches!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-07-2005, 07:41
I would imagine SPAM would work in the same type of recipes that work with pepperoni.

PKH
11-07-2005, 09:49
They are garbage.

Yes indeed. To me it sounds like a waste of a perfectly good pouch!

QHShowoman
11-07-2005, 12:50
I really love spam cut into small chunks and mixed into mac and cheese. Yum. It makes for a good cold salad in summer as well. And nothing beats SPAM thinly sliced and fried up all crispy for breakfast!

Scribe
11-07-2005, 14:02
"Meat by-products". Eyes, tongue, ears, innards?

fiddlehead
11-07-2005, 14:13
they really need a new name for it.
Last night i was at a Deli and got the pork roll sandwich, turned out to be SPam and mozerella on a good roll. Not too bad but i never would've ordered it if i knew it was spam.
Maybe they should call it Slam instead of Spam or something??? it's just that the word spam is hooked up with and evil thought anymore. (maybe that originally came from the meat product???)

Hammock Hanger
11-07-2005, 14:49

:bse Scribe: THANKS, for the visual picture now stuck in my mind... Guess Lwop will be getting the Spam packets. LOL :bse

QHShowoman
11-07-2005, 14:52
they really need a new name for it.
Last night i was at a Deli and got the pork roll sandwich, turned out to be SPam and mozerella on a good roll. Weird. Usually, "pork roll" is something akin to Taylor Ham. Not quite spam, not quite ham.

soulrebel
11-07-2005, 16:43
chunks of spam on a stick slowly flame broiled ---- mmmmmmm

jlb2012
11-07-2005, 17:02
spam and egg burritos are good

justusryans
11-07-2005, 19:22
Spam Lovers Unite!! :D

stupe
11-07-2005, 22:56
Raw Spam is great, fried or broiled Spam is greater, but Spam really shines en'casserole. It gets less salty, and almost seems like meat.
Armour " Treet" is pretty good, too.

SGT Rock
11-07-2005, 23:11
Same stuff potted meat is made from. I love that line from Slingblade:

I don't like potted meat. Daddy used to say it was made out of lips and peckers and intestints.

Scribe
11-08-2005, 11:06
Sarge,

I doubt that "peckers" are contained in "meat by-products", but who knows? "By-products" could be almost anything.

Moral: Avoid all foods that have "meat by-products" as one of the ingredients.

smokymtnsteve
11-08-2005, 18:40
Sarge,

I doubt that "peckers" are contained in "meat by-products", but who knows? "By-products" could be almost anything.

Moral: Avoid all foods that have "meat by-products" as one of the ingredients.

bet the mtn oysters are:eek:

TJ aka Teej
11-09-2005, 10:10
"Single Serving"? You mean we weren't supposed to eat the whole can? :D Spam is sooo old school! Great for caches. Canned sardines, B&M beans, deviled ham, vienna sausages, I'd even add a can green beans or corn - just remember to stash an extra P38 too!