PDA

View Full Version : Jetboul Sumo cup differences

Just Tom
04-03-2015, 10:32
Aside from the color of the cozy, is there a difference between these two Jetboil "cups" to account for the price difference?

"Jetboil 1.8 Liter FluxRing Spare Cup" at 59.09
http://www.backcountry.com/jetboil-1.8-liter-sumo-companion-cup?ti=UExQIENhdDpQb3RzICYgUGFuczoyOjg6YmNzQ2F0NzE xMDAwMTQx&skid=JET000G-CB-ONESIZ

"Jetboil 1.8 Liter Sumo Companion Cup" at 41.96
http://www.backcountry.com/jetboil-1.8-liter-sumo-companion-cup-jet0040?ti=UExQIENhdDpQb3RzICYgUGFuczoyOjIxOmJjc0N hdDcxMTAwMDE0MQ&skid=JET0040-OR-ONESIZ

They are named slightly differently. Are these a different "generation"? Please advise, I'm in the market for the 1.8L cup to allow me to up-size my MiniMo when travelling with a couple people.

HooKooDooKu
04-03-2015, 11:18
Just to add to the questions, will other Jetboil cups even fit the minima stove? The minor is such a radical design for Jetboil.

Just Tom
04-03-2015, 11:19
Minimo is just a short sumo with an over-sized regulator for better simmering performance. So my understanding the cups are all the same on the bottom.

Franco
04-03-2015, 21:45
Tom,
Looks like the Companion is the older version and that is why it has that 30% off.
The specs are identical with some minor differences in cosmetic for the neoprene cover.
Note that the Companion has a built in temperature indicator, it becomes bright yellow when the water is about to boil.

Starchild
04-04-2015, 07:19
Seconded all jetboil cups including the minimo are interchangable.

But to the OP, if you are looking to save some $, consider that the jetboil is so fast that it is really not that bad to do a second boil. Most of the time the water is ready before you are ready for it.

Just Tom
04-06-2015, 08:34
Seconded all jetboil cups including the minimo are interchangable.

But to the OP, if you are looking to save some $, consider that the jetboil is so fast that it is really not that bad to do a second boil. Most of the time the water is ready before you are ready for it.

Thanks, point taken. Aside from jut water, I was thinking that with the larger cup, and the ability to simmer with the MiniMo burner, I might be able to make a few simple one-pot meals in it large enough to feed a few people?

Starchild
04-06-2015, 10:58
Thanks, point taken. Aside from jut water, I was thinking that with the larger cup, and the ability to simmer with the MiniMo burner, I might be able to make a few simple one-pot meals in it large enough to feed a few people?

Sounds like a plan to me, don't see how that would not work.