PDA

View Full Version : Winooski Bridge Relocation

iTrod
04-03-2015, 14:14
Does anyone know when the trail location north of the Winooski bridge will be completed? I plan a NOBO E2E that will end around the 4th of July (2015). I was also curious whether one can hitchhike on Rt 2 to Waterbury for resupply, or is this more of an interstate where hitching is prohibited?

Thanks!

iTrod

bigcranky
04-03-2015, 15:48
One can hitch on Duxbury Rd, though it took us about 40 minutes to get a ride. At that time Rt 2 was under construction, though, and Duxbury had perhaps more than the usual traffic.

Waterbury was a great overnight stop for us. The small market downtown was the best of the trip, and there a several excellent restaurants.

imscotty
04-03-2015, 17:16
One can hitch on Duxbury Rd, though it took us about 40 minutes to get a ride. At that time Rt 2 was under construction, though, and Duxbury had perhaps more than the usual traffic.

Waterbury was a great overnight stop for us. The small market downtown was the best of the trip, and there a several excellent restaurants.

And some of the best beer on tap found anywhere. Check out the 'Prohibition Pig.'

Deadeye
04-03-2015, 18:12
Official opening of the bridge, and presumably the trail connections on either side, is June 13, so you're clear for July. Hitching on Route 2 will give you more traffic than Duxbury road. Route 2 is a 2-lane highway parallel to the interstate, no problem walking or hitching.

bigcranky
04-03-2015, 22:55
And some of the best beer on tap found anywhere. Check out the 'Prohibition Pig.'

Yes, and The Reservoir. I think between the two we tasted about 20 different VT craft beers. As noted, it's some of the best I've had anywhere.

I did find it amusing that Pro Pig specializes in North Carolina barbecue.