PDA

View Full Version : Daypack sizing - load lifter straps

globetruck
04-04-2015, 19:57
I'd like some opinions regarding daypack sizing, specifically with respect to packs that do not have adjustable torso lengths. I've got an 18.5 inch torso which comes out to a medium size in most brands. But I've noticed that while the shoulder straps fit great around my upper back, that the load lifter straps actually sit below the tops of my shoulders. In other words - nowhere near the supposedly optimal 45 degree angle.

I can size up to a large, and the load lifters are located above my shoulders and create the 45ish degree angle. But the shoulder straps will then have excess material.

I hope my description makes sense. What are your thoughts on daypack load lifters? Thanks.

theoilman
04-04-2015, 20:12
Why would you need a day pack large enough to need load lifters? Or even a waist belt?
I would think simple shoulder straps would be fine for a less than 15# load.

Another Kevin
04-08-2015, 21:32
Why would you need a day pack large enough to need load lifters? Or even a waist belt?
I would think simple shoulder straps would be fine for a less than 15# load.

I load up my day pack with a heavy laptop computer, some books and a couple of water bottles when walking to work. It weighs at least as much as my pack for a clueless weekend, but doesn't draw stares on the street. Good training.