PDA

View Full Version : Any flip floppers?

alegria7
04-05-2015, 20:08
Hello!

I started my thru hike March 27 but had to get off due to a knee problem (no one needs a 40lbs pack. NO ONE). I should be good to go again by the end of May/early June at the latest and am considering flip flopping since it's been so cold/snowy in Maine. Any tips on this? Or anyone interested in joining me? I was thinking Harper's Ferry for the start. Since I always thought I'd just go straight NOBO, I'm not really sure how to go about this. All input is welcome! And information in general. Such as how many people will be on the trail and whatnot. Thanks!

-Marietta

Dwill1000
04-05-2015, 20:12
Check out this thread:

Flip Flop Class of 2015 Unite!

It turns out there will be MANY people (including me) starting off from HF on May 2. Come join us. Contact Laurie P at the ATC office in HF for details of the flip flop kick off meeting May 1 at the ATC office.

squeezebox
04-05-2015, 20:49
I wonder how close the May 3 flippers will be to NYC June 1? Might be a good option.

alegria7
04-05-2015, 20:56
Thank you! I will definitely check out that feed! I don't think my knee will be ready that early in May. I just don't want to hurt myself again.

jgaisser
04-15-2015, 16:47
I will be beginning in Harpers Ferry on June 1st! :)

bemental
05-08-2015, 09:13
Thank you! I will definitely check out that feed! I don't think my knee will be ready that early in May. I just don't want to hurt myself again.

Similar boat, without the injury. I made it to Fontana before I had to bail for life-related issues.

I'll be starting back up for a flippity-flop in June at the NY/CT border heading north, to return back to the same point to hike south back to Fontana.

Might not be for you, but I'm intentionally trying to avoid another hiker bubble. It is listed as a suggested hike on the ATC's 'When and Where to Start' page.