PDA

View Full Version : Carzy Larry's Laundry

TOW
04-06-2015, 14:25
Heads up for those of you who are hiking thru Damascus I will wash your laundry from 9 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri and from 12 pm to 5 pm Sat & Sun for $8 per load for non guests. I know AWOL's book says $5 but I have to make this change.

Seatbelt
04-06-2015, 15:25
For a second there I thought you was advertising a "car" wash!

TOW
05-28-2015, 16:25
For a second there I thought you was advertising a "car" wash! That reminds me once my spicket gets installed I think I am gonna have a pack wash service.........

TNhiker
05-28-2015, 17:13
That reminds me once my spicket gets installed I think I am gonna have a pack wash service.........

i take mine to the car wash and use their pressure washer and bring my own detergent..................

Jeff
05-28-2015, 17:27
i take mine to the car wash and use their pressure washer and bring my own detergent..................

Have seen this done in my trailtown....very effective.

Starchild
05-28-2015, 18:19
Larry thank you for trying to get this known. We are all part of one community, including David Miller, you and me and other thru hikers (and many many others). You need to charge what is right for you and what you need to and also the community you are a part of (I met you and know you are a part of this community).

Going forward I would add that many thru hikers are in a limited budget and very price consciousness, and VERY VERY remembering, especially of what may be perceived as bait and switch. I would suggest trying to get the guide book to state that a reasonable fee would be charged for laundry. I don't know how this would work but your current circumstance would perhaps give you the ability to encourage AWOL to rephrase your prices.

TOW
05-28-2015, 21:46
With my water bill the way it is, they went up and the electric I use on the washer and dryer, last months figure on the use was right at $300, so $8 for a load helps pay for that, if I am making a profit its not much and if I can get an outdoor hydrant I will hook up a pressure washer and offer to clean packs for $10.00.