PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with 3 day/2 night trip ideas

Wanderlust77
04-06-2015, 20:48
Good evening all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me pick out a 3 day/2 night itinerary for May 17-19 in Shenandoah National Park. My wife is really hoping to see some ridgelines and waterfalls; I really just prefer to avoid the thru-hiker bubble should we be in the park at the same time. I think our pace would most likely be around 10 miles per day. We will be car camping for an additional 3 nights in the park so any suggestions on day hikes would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help, as always….

johnnybgood
04-07-2015, 20:48
Grab a PATC map of SNP, www.patc.net (http://www.patc.net) , look at the possibilities using the AT as the connective link. Jeremys Run, Elkwallow Circuit combined with the Neighbor Mtn. Trail is a challenging 2 day hike. Hike from say Beahms Gap via the AT to reach Elkwallow to add extra mileage. Prepare for lots of stream crossings on Jeremys Run... What fun !

~ White Oak Canyon/ Cedar Run loop is a tough day hike that offers waterfalls, and swimming pools of water to chill in.
~ Old Rag Circuit can be another day hike...great summit views can be a challenge though with some bouldering necessary. * Get started early to beat the crowds.*
~ Hazel Country Wilderness offers a number of trails that can be hiked separately or connected to make for a long day hike or an overnighter.