PDA

View Full Version : Tarptent Notch - Optional Interior

nuknees
04-11-2015, 12:13
I have/use a tarp tent Notch. I purchased with the bug net interior and it's worked very well during late spring/summer. I'm planning on thru hiking so I know I'm going to encounter late fall temps and weather. I'm thinking about ordering the partial solid interior. Has anyone any experience with this interior? How is it as it concerns condensation when temps begin to drop at night?
Thanks!

Franco
04-11-2015, 17:43
No direct experience with that, I use the mesh inner, but I doubt very much that it would make any difference regarding condensation.
In my experience, if the underside of my tent fly is wet (still night,on sand, next to water) so is the one of the guy next to me regardless of what type of tent he is using.
However when there is some air flow and I keep some parts of the fly open, my tent can be dry but the guy next to me all sealed up, inside the heavy duty 4 season tent, can be wet.

Recently on a campsite close to the ocean after a rainy night I woke up at about 4am when it had stopped raining. I open the door panel on one side of my StratoSpire II.
By 6:30am it was dry.
There was a group there with the same 4 season doubles and 4 other individuals with various tents all nicely sealed up in the morning and all very wet...

The partial solid inner will have better wind protection (less air flow in the lower area) so it should feel a bit warmer in some situations .
The other area where it will make a difference is where you can have wind blown sand.
franco@tarptent