PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Canister Re-Supply Question / Update from 2011

Ladyofthewoods
04-13-2015, 10:24
I've read the post below regarding fuel canister resupply; however, this was dated 2011. Is it still accurate?

Q: Where are canisters available along the AT?

While not as readily available as alcohol, with a bit of planning you should not have to worry about fuel availability. The following is a list of crossings which our members claim carries canister fuel.

Any “real” outfitter will carry canister fuel. Call ahead if you are not sure.

Yes: Walasi-Yi, NOC, Hot Springs, Erwin (I think Uncle Johnny has them), Damascus, Pearisburg, Daleville (near Troutville), Waynesboro, Williamstown, Harpers Ferry, Front Royal, Port Clinton, Pawling, Cornwall Bridge, Great Barrington, Kent, Manchester Center, Hanover, Pinkham Notch, Gorham, Caratunk, Monson

Maybe (?): I'm pretty sure Delaware Water Gap has canisters.

No: Duncannon, Boiling Springs, Unionville, Salisbury

Starchild
04-13-2015, 14:35
Duncannon had them, I'm pretty sure Boiling Springs had it too as IIRC I was at Boiling Springs wondering if I needed one, and pretty sure I could get one, but decided to call ahead to the Doyal in Duncannon to confirm that they have them, which they did and did stock. So I ended up hiking from Boiling Springs to the Doyal and got it there instead.

peakbagger
04-13-2015, 15:42
Check hiker boxes in town, it used to be that folks would ditch half full cans when they resupplied

SteelCut
04-14-2015, 12:12
Edge of the Woods Outfitters in DWG told me via email that they stock canisters.

SteelCut
04-27-2015, 13:30
To add to the list: Green Mountain General Store (mile marker 1110.5) has plenty in stock as of today.