PDA

View Full Version : Goal Zero guide 10 having issues

garyp
04-16-2015, 23:35
OK I purchased the guide 10 and I am finding that it won't charge my iphone 5s. Does any one know why it won't do that? I charged it fully and drained my phone as a test and it just won't charge it at all.

I charged the guide 10 with a usb cord from the wall to make sure I received a full and proper charge as a test run.

Traveler
04-17-2015, 06:38
There may be an issue with the GoalZero recharging and iPhones due to heavy power consumption by the 5s phones. Its apparently a problem and the company addresses in the quote below. I don't know if this applies to your situation, but it does appear there are some problems.

The company says "We have to use the average when quoting charge times on our tech specs. Some newer phones use so much power that the Guide 10 will give them a power boost but not charge it fully and some phones will get two charges out of the Guide 10 really depends on the power hungry device you are using."

Hiker6301
04-18-2015, 09:20
I have the same unit and I used to be able to direct charge my 4S right from the panel. Now I have the 6+ and when plugged directly in to panel the phone gives the "comparability" error message. I did some researched and learned that the panel can't supply the power needed for the new phones. The only option is to charge off of the battery pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiker6301
04-18-2015, 09:21
Sorry about the spelling. Comparability. Research

garyp
04-19-2015, 02:29
. The only option is to charge off of the battery pack.

I have attempted to do this and I am not able to charge it from the battery pack. It isn't charging it at all.

Hiker6301
04-19-2015, 06:46
It could possibly be your phone. I know from past experience that sometimes the phone will not recognize a cheaper quality cable. I would check with Apple and see if there's an issue with the phone. I know my phone is been very fickle when it comes to cables and devices it won't recognize.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

garyp
04-19-2015, 10:18
My cord is the one that came with the phone. I will go in and see though to see if the cable is going out.

garyp
05-11-2015, 10:28
called the company and apparently it is a charging issue with the phones and the Goal 10. The fix is a smart adaptor that will tell your phone that the power source can charge your phone.

http://www.goalzero.com/p/200/usb-smart-adapter

the company is sending it to me for free.