PDA

View Full Version : Lightheart Solong Question for Past/Present Owners

RidgeHiker
04-19-2015, 23:14
Hi All. This is my first post here.

I am planning on buying a Lightheart Solong. The next generation of the tent will have a larger vent that can be closed, unlike the current ones. Is this an important change?

saltysack
04-20-2015, 06:51
Not sure why u want to close...more condensation.....just my .02...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brancher
04-20-2015, 07:06
Personally I do not think any vents truly 'prevent' condensation. I have a Solong with the older vents, and there is no more condensation than most other fully enclosed tents. If it is closed up you will get condensation, if not, you won't (or not as much).

chall
04-20-2015, 09:42
I'm guessing that you'd want to have the vent closing option if it were raining. The awning makes a big difference in terms of ventilation. As long as rain isn't blowing sideways, you can leave the awning deployed for airflow.

Old Hiker
04-20-2015, 11:11
I would like a larger vent, simply because I like to close the tent up at night. Kinda paranoid that way. I think that a larger vent with the awnings up about 4 inches would provide enough ventilation.

misterfloyd
04-20-2015, 17:20
A larger vent makes no difference to me. Depending on many factors, a single wall is going to have condensation. I bring part of a shammy, or bandana, wipe it off, and wash my face. Don't want to give you the impression there is tons of it, a little, make good use of it.

Love my solong, I think it is sometimes more of a tent than I need. I feel spoiled..... but love it

Floyd

RidgeHiker
04-20-2015, 20:10
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
Sounds like it is not a big deal but I will probably wait for the change.

Love my solong, I think it is sometimes more of a tent than I need. I feel spoiled..... but love it

Floyd
I think it is more tent than I really need also but I want to be spoiled. :)

saltysack
04-20-2015, 21:05
Any idea what else is she changing? I heard a while back might be a new material...Wonder if any truth to it?

HeartFire
04-20-2015, 21:58
I love rumors! Ok. The reason for the change in vents- I was having issues with the material in the vents poking holes in the tent. Also, this makes the sewing much easier.
Fabric will be a different color essentially same fabric, samea it's tire just a wee bit lighter than the green Was. They will be the cranberry and pewter like the solo and duo are now.

Judy. LightHeart Gear

RidgeHiker
04-21-2015, 16:17
Thanks for the clarification Judy.

saltysack
04-21-2015, 16:56
Blame it on Rob @ outdoor76 in Franklin... He said Judy was making negative weight tents out of helium.....gram weenies eat your heart out.....[emoji2]

HeartFire
04-21-2015, 17:02
Blame it on Rob @ outdoor76 in Franklin... He said Judy was making negative weight tents out of helium.....gram weenies eat your heart out.....[emoji2]

Love it. As soon as I get that fabric, I'll be sure to let you know.

Old Hiker
04-21-2015, 19:56

Yeahhhhh.......................... I wanna see the stitches. Plus the sewing machine. :)

Hangfire
04-22-2015, 02:18
I love rumors! Ok. The reason for the change in vents- I was having issues with the material in the vents poking holes in the tent. Also, this makes the sewing much easier.
Fabric will be a different color essentially same fabric, samea it's tire just a wee bit lighter than the green Was. They will be the cranberry and pewter like the solo and duo are now.

Judy. LightHeart Gear
Ahhhh that's right, those little hoops in the vents liked to poke through, now I remember. As far as ventilation the beauty of that solong is that mammoth sized vestibule which to me is the greatest feature of this tent, lots of room to get air flow with that thing perched out to it's fullest. Plus you have plenty of room to keep your pack and boots under cover and dry outside of your tent, even in heavy rain. I rarely converted into the full on storm mode.
Great tent!

Wanderingventurer
04-24-2015, 13:31
RidgeHiker, I am moving up from the SoLong to the full 2 person Duo so my SoLong is up for sale. PM me if you are interested and want more details.

saltysack
05-06-2015, 12:48
How long is the Lhg awning my pole for solong?

saltysack
05-06-2015, 12:49
Damn typo