PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Harpers Ferry to Waynesboro

Praha4
04-21-2015, 22:22
I'm doing the Waynesboro to Harpers Ferry AT section, starting early next week, hope to finish by May 9th. If I drive up and leave my car at Waynesboro, I'm trying to figure the best way to get back from HF to the car.

a. HF to Waynesboro shuttles? approx cost? any suggestions or recommendations?

b. Greyhound bus from Frederick, MD to Charlottesville is long ride, goes via Baltimore and D.C., then need shuttle from Charlottesville to Waynesboro... not best option

c. My other option is go SoBo, fly up to D.C., take the commuter train out to HF, and hike SoBo, then get a shuttle over to Charlottesville and take the bus home.

suggestions welcome

Tuckahoe
04-22-2015, 06:57
Attached is shuttler information from the ATC. I have used Mark "Strings" Cusic, though there are a number of other possibilities. Waynesboro is about 135 miles from Harpers Ferry adn I would expect to pay atleast $1+ per mile.

bigcranky
04-22-2015, 07:04
We picked up a couple of hikers who were hitching from HF back to their car in the southern section of SNP. They said it had taken them less than two hours total to get most of the way (we gave them their last ride up to the top of the ridge). So that is one option if you are comfortable doing so. (It was two guys and a big dog, which is both good and bad -- pretty safe, but often hard to get a ride with a dog.)