PDA

View Full Version : Ergo trekking poles

Pumba
04-22-2015, 09:25
Does anyone have experience with the newer ergonomic trekking poles? Are they comfortable? Awkward? I was eying the Trail Ergo Cork by Black Diamond.

Pastor Bryon
04-22-2015, 12:58
Own, use, and satisfied. I moved up from some cheaper twist lock poles, so was a big step up for me. Only have about 50 miles on them, but they have held up great. I like the cork handles a lot. Very comfortable. Not sure how much of a difference the angled handles make vs. regular, but have not felt awkward in my hands. I do think they give you a slightly more natural movement and push.

Picked them up at sunnysports for $80 last fall. They're out of stock currently, but at that price I consider them a great deal.

Chive
04-22-2015, 12:59
Can't speak to those specifically, but if you're contemplating something along those lines then I recommend checking out Pacer Poles: http://www.pacerpoles.com They look to be about the same price and have a number of favorable reviews.

Walkintom
04-22-2015, 13:03
I have some of the ergo poles in front of me and they seem to be pretty nice. I like my old BD Trails but if I had to buy a pair today I might get the Cork Ergos.

I am admittedly a bit inclined towards cork mainly for appearance.

Pitt Hiker
04-22-2015, 13:16
I love them. I've had them for 4 years now and used them on ALL of my trips...never fails. I particularly like the cork handles bc I tend to have sweaty palms and in the heat, the cork absorbs it and it is still easy to grip.

Traveler
04-23-2015, 11:15
I have found using fingerless paddle gloves to be a great solution to hand sweat on both cork and plastic grips. I use the NRS boat or paddle gloves that have a slightly padded palm with nylon backs that wick moisture off my hands well. I used to get blisters at times with poles due to moisture related issues, but no longer. They also double as hand protection when cooking, having to climb rocks, and are handy to have to protect the hands overall.