PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Hiking Partner(s) around NYC

B-Snow
04-22-2015, 18:34
New to the site. I am looking for people, male or female, to hike with this year. I am originally from Vermont, 26, male, avid sports fan, played lacrosse in college. I have been outdoors my whole life whether it is fishing, camping, hiking, biking, anything outdoors related. I am currently living in Westchester County in New York and want to find some people that would enjoy hiking and the outdoors. I am up for one-day trips, weekends, or section hiking on the AT trail or anywhere in the Northeast.

Right now I want to see if there is anyone out there and we can meet up at a public location, talk, and see if anything could be planned. I am a very laid back person, work full time plus a part time job to help pay for my outdoor hobbies. Always looking for more friends in the area so just send me a PM if you want to know anything about me or have any questions. I am hoping in May to hike Pawling to the Hudson/Bear Mountain area, got a two-week camping trip planned for myself currently in Vermont, and wanting to make more plans to fill in the gaps this year.

ednotmilkman
04-27-2015, 15:14
B,

did you see and read our post about our section hike through NJ, NY, CT starting May 6? We won't have time to meet you anywhere beforehand, but we can message you our details if interested in joining up for any part of our section. We are taking public buses and/or train both at our start from NYC airports, and our return.

Edwin and Ol' Man River

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/110005-DWG-north-starting-in-May-for-10-15-days

Starchild
04-27-2015, 16:22
You can search meetup.com for hiking, you will find many groups and thousands of hikers.

Eleganz
05-03-2015, 22:37
Just found my login info (I made an account how long ago?) so I could reply to this thread. I live in Queens and would be interested in doing some one-day trips to start. I've done in pieces almost all of the AT around the Delaware Water Gap and parts of Bear Mountain. It would be pretty easy for me to meet up with you on common ground somewhere near Westchester though!

B-Snow
05-04-2015, 19:10
Just found my login info (I made an account how long ago?) so I could reply to this thread. I live in Queens and would be interested in doing some one-day trips to start. I've done in pieces almost all of the AT around the Delaware Water Gap and parts of Bear Mountain. It would be pretty easy for me to meet up with you on common ground somewhere near Westchester though!

Check your PM, Eleganz. Thanks!