PDA

View Full Version : Super cheap airfare to GA

Mouth
11-09-2005, 14:28
This may not *technically* be an AT-only subject, but for all the aspiring hikers trying to get to GA in the spring it might be a godsend.

Airtran and Wendy's have teamed up for a ridiculous way to get super cheap airfare. Details are at http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx but basically, if you save 64 wendy's cups, you get free round trip airfare anywhere airtran flies, and yes, they fly to Atlanta. 32 is one way, so if someone is trying to get to Springer in March/April, you can fly there for about $30, and that's assuming you pay for the drinks and don't go dumpster diving.

Cheers
Mouth

(PS I'm not at all affiliated with airtran or wendy's)

jlb2012
11-09-2005, 14:49
details - see link (http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx)

Sly
11-09-2005, 16:02
Great deal. It's easier for me to get dropped off or drive to Springer, but I may save the UPC's to take advantage to another destination.

Footslogger
11-09-2005, 16:05
Well, we've got a Wendy's. Now ...if I could just get AirTran to fly in and out of Laramie.

'Slogger

The Solemates
11-09-2005, 16:19
i think im gonna go buy a couple hundred dollars worth of cokes. we fly at least once every month or two. this would save us hundreds of dollars. :-? :clap

Sly
11-09-2005, 16:23
i think im gonna go buy a couple hundred dollars worth of cokes. we fly at least once every month or two. this would save us hundreds of dollars. :-? :clap

Or you could dumpster dive! "Free is better than cheap!" FH

fiddlehead
11-09-2005, 17:08
Or you could dumpster dive! "Free is better than cheap!" FH
No Sly, I can't take credit for that one. That was Rainman (VT) But i do say it a lot.
This sounds like an incrdible deal. I'll have to google airtran. I don't know who that is.

MisterSweetie
11-10-2005, 01:49
i think im gonna go buy a couple hundred dollars worth of coke...

Ha, sorry man but you know that's too good to pass on...

But I don't drink cola, so this deal is lost on me. Maybe I could just sit at Wendy's all day and scavenge. I know I could get 32 in a day..

The Solemates
12-01-2005, 11:15
Our collection has started. But, we are not buying cokes. you can buy a large frosty and get the cup as well. so last night I bought 15 frostys (3 different transactions). then I came home and put them in a gallon container, stuck them in the freezer, and we will have "frosty ice cream" for months now. 2 for 1..how can ya beat it?

the dumpsters around here are always locked up to keep people from dumpster diving, I learned last night.

MarcnNJ
12-01-2005, 11:30
For those of you who dont know AirTran Airways, they bought the assets of ValueJet in bankruptcy court. ValueJet was the airline that had the crash into the Everglades in Florida.

Frosty
12-01-2005, 12:21
you can buy a large frosty and get the cup as well. ummmm. large frosty.

If I put one in my pack at Amicalola and ate it on top of Frosty Mountain, would that be an AT Hat Trick?

The Solemates
12-01-2005, 12:53
ummmm. large frosty.

If I put one in my pack at Amicalola and ate it on top of Frosty Mountain, would that be an AT Hat Trick?

absolutely! but by then it may not be a frosty...

Alligator
12-01-2005, 13:24
Hmmmm there's a Wendy's at the end of my street maybe the dumpster is open:-?