PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hiker survey for school project

brian
11-09-2005, 20:16
Hi everyone,

I am currently a senior in high school, and am taking an english class through Syracuse University (supa.syr.edu), gaining college credit in high school. I am currently taking WRT-105 (Writing Studio 105), and need the imput of the WB community.

I am currently doing a research project on Thru-Hikers (and the impact their hike has had on them), and have created a short survey for anyone who has completed a long distance hike to fill out. I would love to be able to include everyone's imput into the paper, and my survey should not take more than 15 minutes or so. I need to recieve it no later than Monday, November 14th , as that leaves me approximately one week to write the rough draft of the paper, which will hopefully be in the 7-10 page range.

I thank everyone in advance for their imput, and I welcome a filled out survey from anyone who has completed a long distance hike (any trail will do!). Though I will be out of town until Sunday (visiting McGill University in Montreal), I should have internet access to answer any questions, sent either to the below email address or Private Messaged to me here.

I am planning to make my paper available to all who wish to read it, but I cannot write it unless I have imput from as many sources as possible. Thank you again!

Best Regards,
Brian MacMillin:)

Survey Available http://outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/Survey.doc

For complete surveys and questions, please send them to [email protected]

rickb
11-09-2005, 20:46
Hi Brian--

You got too much class to plug your own web site, so I thought I'd do it for you. I liked it a lot. (Congrats on reaching Eagle Scout, BTW. There is a thread on this site I started some time back, and I was astonished just how many AT hikers are Eagles. Be sure to add you name to the list!)

Anyway your site is worth a visit:

http://outdoorequipmentsupplier.com

I hope you get some good response on your survey. Some of us can be long winded, If you got Jack to participate you would probably have 5 pages of quotes, and that would be on just the firs question.

Rick B

Jack Tarlin
11-09-2005, 20:51
Brian--

I also enjoyed checking out your site.

When you decide to thru-hike, you let us know, tho it doesn't look to me like you're gonna need that much help!

SGT Rock
11-09-2005, 20:54
I got one of his tarps a couple of years ago, damn fine workmanship.

brian
11-09-2005, 23:00
Didn't mean to plug my website, it is just useful as web storage and file links (and customizeable email). Thanks for your nice comments, and the few who completed the survey already! Hopefully I can get some of the more "colorful" members to help contribute to my paper.

Brian

brian
11-12-2005, 18:19
Just a friendly bump....I've gotten about a dozen surveys, I could use a few more. Thanks!

Brian