PDA

View Full Version : Journey entries

Wolf - 23000
04-29-2015, 19:15
I’m about 80% sure that I will be thru-hiking the Colorado Trail this summer. Some of my co-workers have asked how they could track my progress up the trail. The movie “Wild” might have something to do with it, along with some of my own adventures. It has been a while but I’m not a stranger to long distance hiking.

I know hikers setup their own websites or write journey entries as they move up the trail but I’m old school. My idea of keeping in touch is waiting until I get into town and calling phone on a pay-phone. So I’m curiosity, how does it work?

Wolf

Birdogsid
04-29-2015, 20:11
I use trailjournals.com to keep an electronic journal. Personally, whiteblaze is not as idiot-proof for me. I still don't know how to access the journal page on here. That's my 1.5 cents worth.

Sandy of PA
04-29-2015, 21:19
I call my husband and he writes up an e-mail journal for family and friend cyber hikers.

Onda Road Again
04-30-2015, 10:27
My plan is to keep a written journal on the trail then load it into Trail Journals during each resupply stop. Granted I can find a computer and the time to do so!

Wolf - 23000
04-30-2015, 17:57
Thank you for everyone responds. Just like Onda Road Again the problem I run into is updating any site I setup. I normal don't stay in town except for every couple of weeks. The tough part is finding a computer. I can't see always being able to find a computer to be able to update a journal website. I see some people who update their site every two or three days. Are they using smart phones or similar devices?

Wolf

lonehiker
04-30-2015, 18:25
Moleskine is virtually foolproof....