PDA

View Full Version : Xeroshoes

Big_Country
04-29-2015, 22:15
Any body have any first hand experience with the Amuri z-trek sandel. Looks like a perfect camp shoe. little on the pricey side, but weigh very little.

Cheers

HooKooDooKu
04-30-2015, 09:47
Based on the literature, the weight of a pair of Amuri z-trek sandals is going to be 13oz.

By contrast, the Vivobarefoot Ultra Pure is 8oz and doubles as a water crossing shoe with toe protection.

Big_Country
04-30-2015, 09:53
Thanks HKDK. I will look into the Vivo's.

Cheers

HooKooDooKu
04-30-2015, 11:03
There have been previous posts (can't find any off hand) where similar shoes could be found from time to time at WalMart or Bass Proshop for a lot less. (There's usually some light weight Croc knockoffs available as well) Similar to the Vivobarefoot, these shoes are make from some sort of injected polymer. Where the Vivobarefoot seem to be designed to be rugged enough for everyday running, these cheap shoes won't be designed for rugged trail use. But you should still be able to find camp/water shoes that come in around 8oz-10oz for $10-$20.

The Kisco Kid
04-30-2015, 11:40
I would NOT recommend Xeroshoes, unless you're really into the barefoot running fad. They are heavy (all models). I tried the original and returned them--they weighted more than my flip flops and have ZERO cushion.

After a long day of hiking it's nice to step into comfortable camp shoes. The lightest (durable) pair I've found is Teva mush flip flops. 7.4 oz pair in size 12.

RockDoc
04-30-2015, 12:01
These have pretty bad reviews on Amazon.

Big_Country
04-30-2015, 23:07
Thanks to all for the input. Will keep looking for lightweight camper nirvana.

Cheers